Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-eval-criteria-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 08:09:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Evaluating Congestion Control for Interactive Real-time Media
        Authors         : Varun Singh
                          Joerg Ott
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-eval-criteria-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-07-25

Abstract:
   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used to transmit media in
   telephony and video conferencing applications.  This document
   describes the guidelines to evaluate new congestion control
   algorithms for interactive point-to-point real-time media.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-eval-criteria/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-eval-criteria-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-eval-criteria-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:22:01 -0400

The new submission applies the changes based on the feedback from Anna
Brunstrom and Michael Welzl.
It expands the open issue related to Jain Fairness Index raised by
Karen. Copying the open issue below:

Open issue (1):
Using Jain-fairness index (JFI) for measuring self-fairness between RTP flows?
measured at what intervals?
visualized as a CDF or a time-series?

Additionally: Use JFI for comparing fairness between RTP and long TCP flows?

-- 
http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/~varun/