Subject: [rmcat] SCReAM status and way forward

From: Ingemar Johansson S <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 10:51:31 +0000

Hi

The SCReAM congestion control algorithm has undergone an update after a
review by Mirja Kühlewind, Stefan Holmer and Xiaoqing Zhu (thanks!). 

There will likely be an additional update submitted in a few weeks. 

I have a few questions :

Q1:

Is this draft is now ready for WGLC ? 

Q2:

Which simulation data, if any, is required to get the draft into WGLC ?. I
understand that it is now sufficient with simulation results for the test
cases in section 5 in
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-eval-test-03 ), the wireless
test cases are optional. Is this interpretation correct ?.

Q3:

Running code for SCReAM has been published quite a while ago, both as a
standalone implementation and as a part of OpenWebRTC, I have however not
seen any reaction or questions or other signs that indicate that this is of
interest to this group. Has anybody looked at this code, experimented with
it, or integrated it in one form or the other ?. Does anybody plan to do
anything with the code ?

/Ingemar

==================================

Ingemar Johansson  M.Sc. 

Master Researcher

Ericsson AB

Wireless Access Networks

Labratoriegränd 11

971 28, Luleå, Sweden

Phone +46-1071 43042

SMS/MMS +46-73 078 3289

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

www.ericsson.com

           This report, by it´s very length, 

 defends itself against the risk of being read

                       Winston Churchill

==================================