Subject: [rmcat] SBD write-up: minor inconsistencies to resolve

From: Anna Brunstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:49:55 +0100

Dear David and co-authors,

When preparing the write-up for the SBD draft I found some smaller 
inconsistencies, mainly in the Definitions section, see comments below. 
Could you please submit a new version resolving the issues. The write-up 
is ready for the draft to be submitted for publication once the new 
version is available.

Thanks,
Anna

Comments from draft write-up review:

In section 2:

- M is defined twice. Also the value is restricted to "where M <= N" in 
the definition of E_M, but I think this applies to M in general and 
should be part of the definition of M.

- sum_N and num_VM are defined but never used in the rest of the text

- num_MT and sum_M are not defined but used later in  the text

- punctuation is also inconsistent in this section in case you want to 
fix that while editing

In section 2.1:

- For p_* : "Flows are separated when the skew_est|var_est|freq_est 
measure is greater than p_s|p_f|p_d|p_mad." - There are three measures 
for four thresholds?

- p_l is not described.

In section 3.2.3:

- second last line: "For calculation of freq_est p_v=0.7" - This line 
seems misplaced and redundant as freq_est is discussed in 3.2.4 and the 
value of p_v is discussed there.

- last line: "For the grouping threshold p_mad=0.1" - Also not sure that 
this really fits here, but should perhaps rather be mentioned in 3.3.1 
instead? But ok if you want to keep it.

Section 6:

- "The algorithm described in this memo has so far been evaluated using 
simulations." - Should this be "... simulations and small scale 
experiments" or the experiments in the LCN paper are not relevant to 
mention?

- "Real network tests using the proposed congestion control algorithms 
will help confirm the default parameter choice." - Not clear what " the 
proposed congestion control algorithm" refers to.

References:

- As you are making an update, please also update 
[I-D.ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc] and  [I-D.dt-rmcat-feedback-message] to the 
latest version, using the avtcore version for the feedback message draft.