Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 15:42:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Video Traffic Models for RTP Congestion Control Evaluations
        Authors         : Xiaoqing Zhu
                          Sergio Mena de la Cruz
                          Zaheduzzaman Sarker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-07-19

Abstract:
   This document describes two reference video traffic models for
   evaluating RTP congestion control algorithms.  The first model
   statistically characterizes the behavior of a live video encoder in
   response to changing requests on target video rate.  The second model
   is trace-driven, and emulates the output of actual encoded video
   frame sizes from a high-resolution test sequence.  Both models are
   designed to strike a balance between simplicity, repeatability, and
   authenticity in modeling the interactions between a live video
   traffic source and the congestion control module.  Finally, the
   document describes how both approaches can be combined into a hybrid
   model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Xiaoqing Zhu (xiaoqzhu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 23:00:19 +0000

Hi,

This version update have incorporated comments from Jeromy and Colin from the mailing list. The draft has also go through one pass of consistency check in terms of terminologies (avoding the use of RMCAT, using "synthetic video traffic source", etc.). 

I've also fixed various complains from ID-Nits check.

Best,
Xiaoqing
________________________________________
From: rmcat <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 5:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-05.txt

Abstract: