Subject: [rmcat] Document Action: 'NADA: A Unified Congestion Control Scheme for Real-Time Media' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 08:51:06 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'NADA: A Unified Congestion Control Scheme for Real-Time Media'
  (draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-13.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-nada/

Technical Summary

   This document describes NADA (network-assisted dynamic adaptation), a
   novel congestion control scheme for interactive real-time media
   applications, such as video conferencing.  In the proposed scheme,
   the sender regulates its sending rate based on either implicit or
   explicit congestion signaling, in a unified approach.  The scheme can
   benefit from explicit congestion notification (ECN) markings from
   network nodes.  It also maintains consistent sender behavior in the
   absence of such markings, by reacting to queuing delays and packet
   losses instead.

Working Group Summary

   The document has been reviewed of the RMCAT WG and there have been no controversial points.

Document Quality

   The presented approach was evaluated based on the evaluation criteria 
   and test cases developed in the RMCAT WG. Results and updates have been 
   presented at various IETF meetings. The draft was cross-reviewed by the 
   authors of competing schemes in the working group.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Martin Stiemerling ([email-masked]).
   The responsible AD is Mirja Kuehlewind ([email-masked]).