Subject: [rmcat] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 02:29:31 -0800

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Adam for noting the author-count already.

Section 3

   Different mobile operators deploy their own cellular networks with
   their own set of network functionalities and policies.  Usually, a
   mobile operator network includes 2G, EDGE, 3G and 4G radio access

Is 2G still "typical"?  I was given to understand it was getting phased
out.

Section 3.1, 3.2

How do I tell how much time is "enough time to warm-up the network"?

Section 4.2.3

   b.  Multiple RTP-based media flows sharing the wireless uplink:N = 16
       (all downlink); M = 0.  When multiple clients attempt to transmit

I'm not sure how to interpret the parenthetical; is it a copy/paste
issue from (a) that should read "all uplink"?

---

From: "Xiaoqing Zhu (xiaoqzhu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 19:45:16 +0000

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your review inputs on this draft. The updated version (-11) is now online: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests-11

Please also see our detailed responses below inline, tagged [authors]. 

Best Regards,
Xiaoqing (on behalf of all authors)

On 3/5/20, 4:29 AM, "rmcat on behalf of Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    

    Section 3

[authors]  Agree that 2G is now outdated. We've revised the sentence to:

	Usually, a mobile operator network includes a range of radio access
	technologies such as 3G and 4G/LTE.

    Section 3.1, 3.2

[authors] Thanks for noting this lack of clarity. We've added a sentence to
both Sec. 2.1 and 2.2 (previously Sec. 3.1 and 3.2) to explain what it really means: 

	... Typically, the evaluation period starts 30 seconds after test
   	initialization.

    Section 4.2.3

[authors] Thanks for catching this error. It was meant to be "all uplink". Fixed now.