Subject: RMT Agenda Update for Feb 10th

From: Roger Kermode <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 00:42:45 +1100

Dear RMT'ers,

A quick note to let you know that we haven't forgotten about the
agenda for Feb 10th. We're currently, trying to piece together
an order for the presentation requests we have received (speak
up if you haven't already!) We're particularly keen to take
advantage of having an entire day to *REAL* work. To that end
we're looking at an agenda that will *minimize* presentation time
and involve us breaking up into focus groups to work on individual
drafts. Please put your thinking caps on be prepared for detailed
discussions!!!!

An agenda will appear early next week.

The details of the meeting one more time....

        Date:           Thursday, Feb 10, 2000
        Host:           ACIRI
        Venue:          ICSI Building, 6th Floor
        Address:        1947 Center st., Berkeley, CA
        Time:           9:30am - 5:00pm
        Hotels: try Shattuck Hotel (510-845-7300) 5 min from ACIRI

cheers,

Roger
Allison
Lorenzo

---

From: Brian Whetten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:35:19 -0800

Hi all,
I'm looking at the amount of work to do, and am beginning to feel that one
day won't be nearly enough.  Is there any way that we can extend this to
Friday as well?  It seems like we really need to lock everyone in a room
for about a week...but that is obviously not going to happen given all our
frightening schedules.

As a second possibility, which I'll just throw out as an open invitation, I
have access to a couple free condos in South Lake Tahoe, 5 minutes from
Heavenly (some of the best terrain in the country, although our snow isn't
quite as good as Utah or Colorado).  Would people be tempted (especially
the non-west coasters?) in to a combined work/play weekend?  I can't think
of a better place I'd rather work on writing billions of pages of
documents.  ;)  

Brian

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:17:43 -0800

>for about a week...but that is obviously not going to happen given all our

We're hosting the SMuG RG meeting on Friday 11th, so the lecture room
here won't be available, which is the only room that can host 40+
people.  We also have a few smaller conference rooms and a number of
offices people can use, so it would be possible to continue into
Friday.  However, I suspect that this is best done only by individual
sub-groups that wish to continue working on a specific topic.

So, sub-groups: let me know if you want to continue on the Friday
(preferably in advance, but we can usually be fairly flexible even
without notice) and let me know how many people you expect to be.
I'll then try and sort out appropriate rooms.

Cheers,
	Mark

BTW, some SMuG people had trouble booking the suggested hotel.
There's also a list of hotels at
  http://www.lbl.gov/Workplace/near-our-shuttle.html 
All the starred ones are reasonably close to ICSI.