Subject: CFP: Global Internet 2001 (in conjunction with Globecom 2001)

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 06:35:27 -0800 (PST)

Sixth Global Internet Symposium
                             in conjunction with

                                Globecom 2001
                           San Antonio, Texas, USA
                            November 25-29, 2001

                       http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/gi2001/
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                              Call For Papers

The sixth Global Internet Symposium will be held simultaneously and
co-located with Globecom 2001. Therefore, all of the relevant dates,
location, travel information are derived from the Globecom 2001
(http://www.globecom2001.com/) conference site.

Symposium Topics

Global Internet 2000 solicits technical papers on Internet-related topics.
The Program Committee encourages papers submitted on experimental systems
and emerging technologies. Also encouraged are original submissions
describing promising work in progress, original speculations about the
future of the Internet, and progressive position papers. Topics of interest
include, but are not limited to:

   * Novel applications and new paradigms (telephony, streaming media, etc.)
   * Distributed Internet applications (file sharing, games, conferencing,
     etc.)
   * Service provisioning, monitoring, and management
   * Privacy and/or security issues
   * Charging and billing issues
   * Handling Internet dynamics/heterogeneity (by applications and/or the
     network)
   * Routing (unicast, multicast, anycast, etc.)
   * Traffic measurement, analysis, modeling, and visualization
   * Flow management (fairness/sharing, differentiated services, etc.)
   * The Internet and mobility/mobile devices
   * Wireless device access and Internet gateways

Important Dates

            Manuscript Submission:       March 31, 2001
            Acceptance Notification:     July 31, 2001
            Final Manuscript:            September 31, 2000

Submission Instructions

   Please see the Global Internet Symposium WWW site at:

      http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/gi2001/

Technical Program Chairs

     Kevin Almeroth, UC-Santa Barbara ([email-masked])
     Katia Obraczka, UC-Santa Cruz ([email-masked])

Program Committee

     To be announced.

Sponsorship

The Global Internet Symposium is sponsored by the IEEE Communications
Society InternetTC.