Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-norm-bb-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:22:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocol 
                          Building Blocks
	Author(s)	: B. Adamson, C. Bormann, M. Handley, J. Macker
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-norm-bb-02.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 26-Jul-01
	
This memo describes issues related to the creation of negative-
acknowledgment (NACK) oriented reliable multicast (NORM) protocols.
The general goals and  assumptions for NORM are defined.  The tech-
nical challenges related to NACK-oriented (and in some cases gen-
eral) reliable multicast protocol design are identified.  These
challenges are resolved into a set of applicable 'building blocks'
which are described in further detail.  It is anticipated that
these building blocks (as they are further refined and defined in
future revisions of this document) will be useful in generating
different instantiations of reliable multicast protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-norm-bb-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-norm-bb-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-norm-bb-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.