Subject: [Rmt] pgmcc & draft-ietfd-rmt-bb-webrc-00.txt

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:52:47 +0100

anyone thought of combining pgmcc with waverc or other similar schems
- could use an acker per group to get packet conservation as a
stability/optimisation maybe?

if its not a daft ifdea, will these 2 buildign bloks accommodate one
and other?

j.

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt

---

From: Michael Luby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:36:50 -0700 (PDT)

I think the two schemes are incompatible.  WEBRC have the property that 
each receiver measures independently its own Rtt and uses this to adjust 
its reception rate.  No acker needed (which would slow it all down, and 
make throughput to all receivers worst case like PGMCC, instead of what 
each individual receiver should get).  WEBRC has no need for any 
coordination between recipients, and this is crucial for ALC.  In fact, in 
ALC, we explicitly rule out the use of single rate congestion control (like 
PGMCC).  

> 
> anyone thought of combining pgmcc with waverc or other similar schems -
> could use an acker per group to get packet conservation as a