Subject: Last Header Extension

From: Justin Chapweske <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:22:57 -0500

Hello,

What benefit does the Last Header Extension bit add when one can use the 
HDR_LEN field to determine when the header extensions are done?

It might be nice to remove the Last Header Extension bit and make Header 
Extension Type an 8 bit field.

Its just a suggestion, I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other.

Thanks,

--
Justin Chapweske, Onion Networks
http://onionnetworks.com/

---

From: "Michael Luby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:03:31 -0700

Justin,
Interesting suggestion (Assuming you are talking about the LCT BB).  Yes,
there are two ways to determine the end of the header right now, one through
the "next extension header exists bit" and one through the "total length of
the header field".  Not clear we need both. I'd be happy with what you
suggest.
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Justin
Chapweske
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 11:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Header Extension

Hello,

Thanks,