Subject: [Rmt] RMT WG agenda, 55th IETF - Atlanta

From: Lorenzo Vicisano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:07:47 -0800

attached to this email.

	thank you,
	the chairs.

MT Meeting, 55th IETF - Atlanta
Wed, November 20, 9:00-11:30

   Agenda Bashing               Roger Kermode/Lorenzo Vicisano  5 mins

   TRACK status/plans discussion                Brian Whetten   15 mins
   TRACK PI updates                             Brian Whetten   10 mins
        draft-whetten-rmt-track-pi-00.txt
   NORM PI updates                              Brian Adamson   15 mins
        draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-05.txt
   WEBRC CC BB updates                          Mike Luby       15 mins
        draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-03.txt
   FEC BB Updates                               Mike Luby       10 mins
        draft-ietf-rmt-info-fec-03.txt (RFC-to-be)
        draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-07.txt (RFC-to-be)
   IANA registry for FEC BB                     Lorenzo Vicisano 5 mins

   Selectively Reliable Multicast               Mark Pullen     15 mins
        draft-pullen-srmp-00.txt (non-WG)

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt

---

From: Brian Whetten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 05:21:48 -0800

Hello all,
We missed the deadline for ID submission for this working group, but have 
finished up a set of new drafts for TRACK.  These include a new TRACK 
building block, an updated Automatic Tree building block, and a new PI for 
TRACK.  This initial PI is primarily designed as a reference / example, as 
it is instantiated directly on top of UDP rather than NORM or other 
goodput-ensuring protocol.  Another version(s) will likely be forthcoming 
shortly.

I would suggest reading the TRACK BB first, as it is the core of TRACK now, 
and contains the primary applicability statement, architecture discussion, 
etc.  Please find the documents at:

http://www.whetten.net/reliable_multicast.htm

Feedback is very welcome.  I will be leading a discussion on TRACK on 
Wednesday.  The primary goal of this discussion will be to present the 
revised architecture and integration choices, and initiate a discussion on 
how to best bring TRACK to closure.

I hope to see many of you soon, in Atlanta.
Brian