Subject: [Rmt] [mycolleagues] BDIM 2007 CFP

From: Carlos Becker Westphall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:41:20 -0200 (BRST)

Second IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Business-driven IT Management
(BDIM 2007)

In conjunction with IEEE/IFIP Integrated Management (IM 2007), Munich,
Germany, May 21st, 2007.
http://www.businessdrivenitmanagement.org/bdim2007/

Information Technology (IT) management has evolved significantly over the
past few years as IT-based solutions have become increasingly critical to
the functioning of organizations. From device, network and systems
management, solutions have evolved to include service management and IT
governance, as witnessed by the recent popularity of ITIL and COBIT
frameworks.

A recent shift in perspective brought to bear a more user-centric approach
to IT management, putting IT managers in condition to look at IT not just
from the IT department's traditional point of view but from the user's point
of view: this is the reason for the appearance of services and quality of
service metrics in these frameworks.

Even more recentlytgrid.lrg.ufsc.br (HELO grid.lrg.ufsc.br) ([150.162.63.19])
	by postalnp.lbl.gov with ESMTP; 16 Nov 2006 21:04:37 -0800
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:41:20 -0200 (BRST)
From: Carlos Becker Westphall <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
Subject: [Rmt] [mycolleagues] BDIM 2007 CFP

  This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
Second IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Business-driven IT Management
(BDIM 2007)

In conjunction with IEEE/IFIP Integrated Management (IM 2007), Munich,
Germany, May 21st, 2007.
http://www.businessdrivenitmanagement.org/bdim2007/

Information Technology (IT) management has evolved significantly over the
past few years as IT-based solutions have become increasingly critical to
the functioning of organizations. From device, network and systems
management, solutions have evolved to include service management and IT
governance, as witnessed by the recent popularity of ITIL and COBIT
frameworks.

A recent shift in perspective brought to bear a more user-centric approach
to IT management, putting IT managers in condition to look at IT not just
from the IT department's traditional point of view but from the user's point
of view: this is the reason for the appearance of services and quality of
service metrics in these frameworks.

Even more recently, a further shift towards holistic understanding of IT in
order to fulfill business objectives is occurring: one now wishes to look
beyond IT services to the context where the services are used. This is
termed Business-driven IT Management (BDIM) and is the object of this
workshop.

BDIM focuses on the impact of IT on business processes and business-level
objectives and vice versa; besides the conventional IT metrics such as
availability and response time, it looks at other key performance indicators
(KPIs), that is metrics that have significance from the point of view of the
business supported by the IT. The BDIM approach aims at rethinking IT
management from a business perspective, whether this be in an operational,
tactical or strategic context. BDIM is not restricted to IT environments in
enterprises but encompasses techniques and decision making that involve
thinking about IT in terms of objectives that are at business level, of
organizations that may not traditionally be classified as "businesses".

The second edition of the BDIM workshop builds on the success of the first
edition, that was held in conjunction with NOMS 2006. BDIM 2007 aims to
continue building the community of researchers in business-driven IT
management by inviting complete, original, unpublished contributions in the
following, or related topic areas:

- Models for measuring/estimating business-IT alignment
        (- Models for IT faults and performance degradations)
        (- Data mining techniques for impact model construction)
        (- Modeling of business operations and their relationships to IT)
        (- Modeling of business strategies and their relationships to IT)
        (- Modeling IT risk and IT-related business risk- Software tools for
Business-driven IT management)

        (- Semantic web models for business-IT alignment)
- Decision support for IT Management from a business perspective
        (- Business-driven IT optimization problems)
        (- Business-driven IT planning and decision-making)
        (- IT actions to enhance/optimize business performance)
- Automation for IT Management from a business perspective
        (- Adaptive/autonomic computing from a business perspective)
        (- Automated IT management solutions from a business perspective)
- Business Objectives, Processes and SLM
        (- Business process modeling for IT management)
        (- Business-driven Service Level Management)
        (- Business-driven dynamic provisioning)
        (- Business-driven inventory management)
        (- Business continuity management and its impact on IT)
        (- Accounting, Billing, Chargeback and linkages to business
objectives)
        (- IT Governance, ITSM, COBIT)
        (- Business objectives and their impact on new IT paradigms like
utility/grid computing)
- Case studies in Business-driven IT management (in e-commerce, messaging,
...)

        (- E-commerce, e-business and relation to IT infrastrcutures)
        (- Services infrastructures and QOS concerns (MTBF, MTTR, Response
times, latency etc) that have customer impact)

Submissions:

We are seeking submissions for full papers (10 pages on 2-columns IEEE
style) and short papers presenting position statements or preliminary
results on relevant work (2 pages on 2-columns IEEE style).  All selected
works will appear in the proceedings in an IEEE press volume with assigned
ISBN number.  Submissions are to be uploaded at
https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/bdim2007 on or before January 31st, 2007.

Important dates:

Submission deadline: Jan 31, 2007
Notification of acceptance: Feb 28, 2007
Camera-ready version: Mar 12, 2007
Workshop: May 21, 2007

Organizing committee:

Workshop co-chairs
        Claudio Bartolini (HP Labs, USA)
        Akhil Sahai (HP Labs, USA)
        Jacques Sauvé (Federal University of Campina Grande, Brazil)
Publicity chair
        Carlos Becker Westphall (Federal University of Santa Catarina,
Brazil)

Technical program committee

Virgílio Almeida (UFMG, Brazil)
Arosha Bandara (The Open University, UK)
Tony Bailetti (Sprott S, a further shift towards holistic understanding of IT in
order to fulfill business objectives is occurring: one now wishes to look
beyond IT services to the context where the services are used. This is
termed Business-driven IT Management (BDIM) and is the object of this
workshop.

BDIM focuses on the impact of IT on business processes and business-level
objectives and vice versa; besides the conventional IT metrics such as
availability and response time, it looks at other key performance indicators
(KPIs), that is metrics that have significance from the point of view of the
business supported by the IT. The BDIM approach aims at rethinking IT
management from a business perspective, whether this be in an operational,
tactical or strategic context. BDIM is not restricted to IT environments in
enterprises but encompasses techniques and decision making that involve
thinking about IT in terms of objectives that are at business level, of
organizations that may not traditionally be classified as "businesses".

The second edition of the BDIM workshop builds on the success of the first
edition, that was held in conjunction with NOMS 2006. BDIM 2007 aims to
continue building the community of researchers in business-driven IT
management by inviting complete, original, unpublished contributions in the
following, or related topic areas:

- Models for measuring/estimating business-IT alignment
        (- Models for IT faults and performance degradations)
        (- Data mining techniques for impact model construction)
        (- Modeling of business operations and their relationships to IT)
        (- Modeling of business strategies and their relationships to IT)
        (- Modeling IT risk and IT-related business risk- Software tools for
Business-driven IT management)

        (- Semantic web models for business-IT alignment)
- Decision support for IT Management from a business perspective
        (- Business-driven IT optimization problems)
        (- Business-driven IT planning and decision-making)
        (- IT actions to enhance/optimize business performance)
- Automation for IT Management from a business perspective
        (- Adaptive/autonomic computing from a business perspective)
        (- Automated IT management solutions from a business perspective)
- Business Objectives, Processes and SLM
        (- Business process modeling for IT management)
        (- Business-driven Service Level Management)
        (- Business-driven dynamic provisioning)
        (- Business-driven inventory management)
        (- Business continuity management and its impact on IT)
        (- Accounting, Billing, Chargeback and linkages to business
objectives)
        (- IT Governance, ITSM, COBIT)
        (- Business objectives and their impact on new IT paradigms like
utility/grid computing)
- Case studies in Business-driven IT management (in e-commerce, messaging,
...)

        (- E-commerce, e-business and relation to IT infrastrcutures)
        (- Services infrastructures and QOS concerns (MTBF, MTTR, Response
times, latency etc) that have customer impact)

Submissions:

We are seeking submissions for full papers (10 pages on 2-columns IEEE
style) and short papers presenting position statements or preliminary
results on relevant work (2 pages on 2-columns IEEE style).  All selected
works will appear in the proceedings in an IEEE press volume with assigned
ISBN number.  Submissions are to be uploaded at
https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/bdim2007 on or before January 31st, 2007.

Important dates:

Submission deadline: Jan 31, 2007
Notification of acceptance: Feb 28, 2007
Camera-ready version: Mar 12, 2007
Workshop: May 21, 2007

Organizing committee:

Workshop co-chairs
        Claudio Bartolini (HP Labs, USA)
        Akhil Sahai (HP Labs, USA)
        Jacques Sauvé (Federal University of Campina Grande, Brazil)
Publicity chair
        Carlos Becker Westphall (Federal University of Santa Catarina,
Brazil)

Technical program committee

Virgílio Almeida (UFMG, Brazil)
Arosha Bandara (The Open University, UK)
Tony Bailetti (Sprott School of Business, Carleton University, Canada)
Mark Burgess (University College Oslo, Norway)
Lalana Kagal (MIT, USA)
Alexander Keller (IBM Research TJ Watson, USA)
Jeff Kephart (IBM TJ Watson Research, USA)
Lundy Lewis (Southern New Hampshire University, USA)
Antonio Liotta (Essex University, UK)
Zoran Milosevic (Deontik, Australia)
Naftaly Minsky (Rutgers University, USA)
Antão Moura (Federal University of Campina Grande, Brazil)
Pradeep Kr. Ray (University of New South Wales, Australia)
Sharad Singhal (HP Labs, USA)
Vladimir Tosic (University of New South Wales, Australia)
Joseph Weiss (Bentley College, USA)
Carlos Becker Westphall (Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil)

_______________________________________________
mycolleagues mailing list
[email-masked]
http://grid.lrg.ufsc.br/mailman/listinfo/mycolleagues
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt