Subject: [Rmt] RMT WG Status, Call for Agenda Items, Milestone Proposal

From: Brian Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:14:17 -0400

To All,

This is a short note to summarize the working group status and also 
serves as a request for agenda items for the upcoming RMT meeting at 
the Chicago IETF.  It also proposes updated milestone goals for the 
RMT WG that are terribly overdue!

CALL FOR AGENDA ITEMS
=====================

The RMT WG meeting at the 69th IETF is currently scheduled for 
Monday, 23 July 2007 from 5:40 - 7:50 PM.

If you have items to add to the agenda please contact Lorenzo 
<[email-masked]> and/or Brian <[email-masked]>.   The 
draft working group agenda is due by 11 July and a final revision by 
16 July, so please provide any input ASAP or by 10 July.

SUMMARY OF DOCUMENT STATUS
==========================

(Editors/Authors/others are encouraged to comment on the status if I 
am in error)

In IESG Eval or RFC Editor Queue:
    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptor-object
    draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised

Ready to Be Published (Last Call Complete):
    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-norm-revised
    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc
    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs

Ready for Last Call:
    draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised
    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-basic-schemes-revised
    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lct-revised?
    draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised ?

Does ALC require any revision wr2 recently-raised security issues?:
draft-ietf-rmt-pi-alc-revised

New Documents:
draft-ietf-rmt-sec-discussion

UPDATED MILESTONE PROPOSAL
==========================
(Again, comments encouraged)

As indicated, many of our working group documents are ready for last 
call or only need some minor tweaks with respect to addressing 
security considerations more thoroughly.  Thus we should be able to 
rapidly progress many of these documents to publication request.  I 
am hopeful that these few outstanding issues can be rapidly addressed 
up through the upcoming meeting.  I plan to request WG Last Call for 
the documents listed above unless there are corrections to my 
understanding of the document status in the few days.  Here is a 
suggested milestone proposal:

July 2007 Submit revised NORM-BB, FEC-LDPC, and FEC-RS for publication
Sept 2007 Submit NORM-PI, FEC-BASIC-SCHEMES, LCT, ALC, and FLUTE for 
publication
Dec 2007 Complete/submit RMT Security Issues informational document

-- 
Brian
__________________________________
Brian Adamson
<mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt