Subject: [Rmt] [Mycolleagues] CFP: ACM TAAS Special Issue on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Wireless Networking Systems

From: "Zhang, Liqiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:02:20 -0500

Apologies if you receive multiple copies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         CALL FOR PAPERS
           ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems
                         Special Issue on
       Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Wireless Networking Systems

                  http://taas.acm.org/TAAS-ACM-SelfOrg-WSN.pdf

****************************************************************************************
Recent advances in wireless communications and networking, distributed sensing and
control, and real-time and embedded systems have led to some new computing paradigms,
such as ubiquitous and pervasive computing, wireless sensor networks, and cyber-physical
systems. Many novel and attractive applications are made possible, such as advanced
automotive systems, environmental control, critical infrastructure control, high
confidence medical devices and systems, etc. In these applications, a large scale wireless
networking system that consists of massive numbers of connected processing elements,
sensors, and actuators often plays a key role.  The high complexity of such large scale
heterogeneous systems raises new challenges to the system design:  we expect the system
to be context-aware and self-adaptive to internal and external environments to achieve
reliable and robust performance; to be self-organizing and scalable so that managing and
maintaining costs could be minimized; to have programmable architecture and protocols for
achieving optimal performance in different situations/scenarios, etc. These challenges
need to be addressed under joint efforts from different areas, such as networking, system,
control, AI, biology, and others.

The special issue seeks original and unpublished papers that address theoretical and
experimental work related to self-adaptive and self-organizing wireless networking systems
(SASOWNS). Papers are solicited from, but are not limited to, the following topics:

*    Self-adaptive architectures, algorithms, and protocols
*    Control theoretical approaches for self-optimization
*    Self-organizing wireless mesh, ad hoc, and sensor networking
*    Self-configurable and programmable MAC and routing protocols
*    Biological, economic, and social models for large scale SASOWNS
*    Applications and testbeds of SASOWNS
*    Autonomic and autonomous wireless networking systems

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Paper submission due:   July 31st, 2008
Acceptance notification: Dec. 31st, 2008
Camera-ready due:  Feb. 28th, 2009
Tentative publication date: June/Sep. 2009

SUBMISSION FORMAT AND REVIEW GUIDELINES
---------------------------------------

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting important developments (or advances) in
the topics related to the special issue. The submitted papers must be written in English and
describe original research not published nor currently under review by other journals or
conferences. Parallel submissions will not be accepted. If an earlier version of the manuscript
was published/accepted in conferences, authors should state so in the cover letter.
The manuscript must be a substantial extension to the previously published/accepted work and
a summary of changes and a copy of the previous conference paper must be submitted together
with the submission to the special issue.

Guest editors will pre-screen submitted manuscripts for their suitability in the issue.
Submissions passing the pre-screen process will go through a rigorous peer-review process
according to the standards of TAAS. Submitting a paper implies the willingness of reviewing
one paper submitted to the special issue.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
---------------------

The manuscripts should be formatted according to the ACM TAAS guidelines available from the
journal homepage (http://www.acm.org/pubs/taas) and submitted to the guest editors through
email ([email-masked]).

GUEST EDITORS
-------------

Dr. Michael Lemmon
Dept. of Electrical Engineering
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Email: [email-masked]
Http: www.nd.edu/~lemmon

Dr. Christian Poellabauer
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Email: [email-masked]
Http: www.cse.nd.edu/~cpoellab

Dr. Liqiang Zhang
Dept. of Computer and Information Sciences
Indiana University South Bend
South Bend, IN 46615
Email: [email-masked]
 Http: www.cs.iusb.edu/~liqzhang

Dr. Xiaobo Zhou
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Email: [email-masked]
Http: www.cs.uccs.edu/~zbo

****************************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Mycolleagues mailing list
[email-masked]
http://grid.lrg.ufsc.br/mailman/listinfo/mycolleagues
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt