Subject: [Rmt] RFC 6584 on Simple Authentication Schemes for the Asynchronous Layered Coding (ALC) and NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:01:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6584

        Title:      Simple Authentication Schemes for the 
                    Asynchronous Layered Coding (ALC) and NACK-Oriented 
                    Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocols 
        Author:     V. Roca
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 67466
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6584.txt

This document introduces four schemes that provide per-packet
authentication, integrity, and anti-replay services in the context of
the Asynchronous Layered Coding (ALC) and NACK-Oriented Reliable
Multicast (NORM) protocols.  The first scheme is based on RSA Digital
Signatures.  The second scheme relies on the Elliptic Curve Digital
Signature Algorithm (ECDSA).  The third scheme relies on a Group-
keyed Message Authentication Code (MAC).  Finally, the fourth scheme
merges the Digital Signature and group schemes.  These schemes have
different target use cases, and they do not all provide the same
service.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC