Subject: [Rmt] RFC 6726 on FLUTE - File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 13:46:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6726

        Title:      FLUTE - File Delivery over 
                    Unidirectional Transport 
        Author:     T. Paila, R. Walsh,
                    M. Luby, V. Roca,
                    R. Lehtonen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 108261
        Obsoletes:  RFC3926

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6726.txt

This document defines File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport
(FLUTE), a protocol for the unidirectional delivery of files over the
Internet, which is particularly suited to multicast networks.  The
specification builds on Asynchronous Layered Coding, the base
protocol designed for massively scalable multicast distribution.
This document obsoletes RFC 3926.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC