Subject: [Rmt] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmt-sec-discussion-08.txt> (Security and Reliable Multicast Transport Protocols: Discussions and Guidelines) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 07:24:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Reliable Multicast Transport WG
(rmt) to consider the following document:
- 'Security and Reliable Multicast Transport Protocols: Discussions and
   Guidelines'
  <draft-ietf-rmt-sec-discussion-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-06-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes general security considerations for Reliable
   Multicast Transport (RMT) building blocks and protocols.  An emphasis
   is placed on risks that might be resolved in the scope of transport
   protocol design.  However, relevant security issues related to IP
   Multicast control-plane and other concerns not strictly within the
   scope of reliable transport protocol design are also discussed.  The
   document also begins an exploration of approaches that could be
   embraced to mitigate these risks.  The purpose of this document is to
   provide a consolidated security discussion and provide a basis for
   further discussions and potential resolution of any significant
   security issues that may exist in the current set of RMT standards.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmt-sec-discussion/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmt-sec-discussion/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.