Subject: [Rmt] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5651 (3843)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 07:38:00 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5651,
"Layered Coding Transport (LCT) Building Block".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5651&eid=3843

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Eric Turcotte <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.2.1

Original Text
-------------
There are two formats for Header Extension fields, as depicted in
Figure 2. The first format is used for variable-length extensions,
with Header Extension Type (HET) values between 0 and 127. The
second format is used for fixed-length (one 32-bit word) extensions,
using HET values from 127 to 255.

Corrected Text
--------------
There are two formats for Header Extension fields, as depicted in
Figure 2. The first format is used for variable-length extensions,
with Header Extension Type (HET) values between 0 and 127. The
second format is used for fixed-length (one 32-bit word) extensions,
using HET values from 128 to 255.

Notes
-----
the correct range for one 32-bit word extension HET values starts from 128, and not from 127.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5651 (draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lct-revised-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Layered Coding Transport (LCT) Building Block
Publication Date    : October 2009
Author(s)           : M. Luby, M. Watson, L. Vicisano
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Reliable Multicast Transport
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG