Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-roamops-roamsec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:28:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Roaming Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: End-to-End Security in Roaming
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba, P. Calhoun
	Filename	: draft-ietf-roamops-roamsec-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 24-Jul-98
	
     As noted in Roaming Requirements, there is a need for end-to-end secu-
     rity in roaming, including end-to-end integrity protection, and confi-
     dentiality.  In roaming implementations based on proxy chaining, pack-
     ets are routed between the NAS and home server  through  a  series  of
     proxies.   Current  roaming  implementations  provide  only hop-by-hop
     security, guarding only against modification  of  packets  in  transit
     between  hops.  This makes it possible for untrusted proxies to modify
     packets sent between a NAS and a home  server  without  detection,  as
     well  as  to decrypt PAP passwords, Tunnel passwords, and other hidden
     attributes which are available to it in cleartext.
 
     This document provides a framework for end-to-end security in roaming,
     making  it  possible  to  provide  end-to-end  message  integrity  and
     attribute hiding through addition of three new attributes.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-roamops-roamsec-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-roamsec-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-roamsec-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.