Subject: [rohc] Open issues for SigComp-05

From: "Price, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:54:34 -0000

Hi,

I've put together a short list of open issues for the SigComp-05 draft. This
is all I can think of for the moment: if anyone has other technical issues
with the draft then please add them to the list. Comments also welcome on how
to resolve each of the issues.

The list covers interoperability issues only - I'll post something on the
informational "UDVM User Guide" draft separately.

Regards,

Richard

*   Is the SigComp announcement information secure? If so, we'll need some
    text to prove it!

*   Should the hash be MD5 or SHA-1?

*   Are more CRCs needed (we currently only have a 2-byte CRC)?

*   Can we agree on fixed values for any of the parameters in the
    announcement information (this would save having to announce them)?

*   Should we avoid using opcode 0 (makes it marginally easier to disassemble
    UDVM bytecode)?

*   Do we need to bit-quash the announcement fields?

*   Should the state identifier hash be calculated over the entire state
    (including state_start, state_length etc.) rather than just over the
    state_value?

*   Should each message be able to create more than 1 item of state?