Subject: [rohc] segmentation issue....

From: Lalit Bhasin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:30:23 +0530

hi all,
   As per RFC 3095 Section 5.2.5.2 SEGMENTATION PROTOCOL, the Segment
header doesn't carry a CID.
In the same section, later it is written that the CID is derived from
the initial octets of the reconstructed unit. These two
statements are contradicting each other. It is not clear that why the
CID should not be a part of the Segment header.

Regds,
Lalit  Bhasin

--

*******************************
LALIT KUMAR BHASIN
WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES
GURGAON.
Ph. 0124-6398465-69 Ext 2019
    9810419594
********************************

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:49:29 +0200

> CID should not be a part of the Segment header.

Hi Lalit,

the idea is that the segmentation header itself does not have a CID.
So all the tiny segments being put together to one reconstructed unit do 
not carry a CID.  Then, the reconstructed unit is treated like a ROHC 
packet, and can carry a CID.  No contradiction.  (If you look at the 
bits on the wire, most likely the CID will be in the *segment* of the 
first packet -- not in the segmentation header, and not in any other 
packets contributing to the reconstructed unit.)

> Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
> is 'privileged' and 'confidential'

No.  This is a submission to an IETF mailing list, so you submit to the 
IETF rules.  (I know I'm picky today, but this has to be stressed 
occasionally.)

Gruesse, Carsten

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Lalit Bhasin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:59:02 +0530

Agreed, that means the segmentation header is never preceeded by Add-CID.
If that is the case, the section 5.2.6 ( ROHC initial decompressor
processing) point 5 states that :

  If the first remaining  octet starts with 1111111, this is a segment.

Shouldn't it be like this :

 If the first remaining octet starts with 1111111 and an Add-CID octet was
not found
in step 2), this is a segment.

Lalit Bhasin