Subject: [rohc] RFC 2508 Performance Questions

From: Kevan Hobbis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:26:44 +0100

Colleagues

I realise you are all busy with more forward looking things, but I have a
couple of questions on the performance of RFC2508 compression.

I would like to find out what is the performance i.e. specifically the
following questions

i) how often is a full header sent ?
ii) how quickly does the compression become optimised to the 4/2 byte header
?
iii) how often is feedback required on return path ?

I hope that working implementations and/or simulations will mean that
someone on the list has some numbers for these. I would greatly appreciate
any information you can make available.

Thanks

Kevan Hobbis
Hutchison 3G UK

________________________________________________________________________

This e-mail message (including any attachment) is intended only for the personal 
use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is confidential and may be 
legally privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or 
distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify 
us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.

Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author only. 
Furthermore, this message (including any attachment) does not create any legally 
binding rights or obligations whatsoever, which may only be created by the exchange 
of hard copy documents signed by a duly authorised representative of Hutchison 
3G UK Limited.
________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc