Subject: [rohc] RE: [Sipping] Some comments on draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 18:44:25 -0500

> - The dictionary size is not mentioned or discussed anywhere,
>   would it not be reasonable to have that in the document?

Looking at the end of dictionary in section 5, the size
should be 0x0E34.

Zhigang

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:06:11 -0500

> Right. Another thing supporting the coarse grained approach - you get
> the fine grained ones for free. 

Exactly. This is the longest match approach in LZ algorithm family.

Back to my original comment on section 3 and 4, should it be moved
to appendix? The essential part is the dictionary itself. The table is
just one way of retrieving string from it (we should clarify this
at the beginning of the table). To me, it is only a convenience for 
those "casual" readers - it's comforting to see those SIP/SDP strings
are actually included. An implementer will go directly to the 
dictionary and fetch strings in C code. :-)

What is missing then is a section explaining how the dictionary
is constructed, i.e. the rational behind it. This also addresses 
the other question on the meaning of "prioritized position". Unlike
the tables, this is quite useful for an implementer.

Zhigang