Subject: [rohc] Questions on draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-06.txt

From: Chan Kwang Mien <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:16:26 -0400

hi,

i have 2 questions regarding the SigComp internet draft, 
draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-06.

1) In section 6.1 of the draft, it is stated that 
SigComp protects state access by creating a state identifier 
that is a hash over the item of state to be retrieved. 
This state identifier must be supplied to retrieve an item 
of state from the state handler.

Am i right to say that both the State Handler at the receiver 
and the Compressor at the sender have to create the hash ? 
This is done so that when the compressor wants to access a 
state, it has to supply the state identifier to the UDVM. when 
the UDVM receives this state identifier, it 
passes the state identifier to the State Handler to access 
a particular state. Since the State Handler also has the state 
identifier, it can then verify if the state identifier is a 
valid one. 

2) In section 9.4.1, it is stated that UDVM uses CRC to 
detect errors in the decompressed message and then a 
Decompression Failure will trigger a manual decompression 
failure. Can anyone tell me what is meant by 'manual 
decompression failure' ? Is it required
by the UDVM to ask the compressor to retransmit the corrupted
compressed message ? Or is it possible to implement some kind
of FEC ( forward error correction ) at the UDVM to recover
errors ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kwang Mien

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc