Subject: RE: [rohc] Invitation to EPIC-lite Interoperability Trails

From: "McCann, Stephen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 11:02:49 +0100

Dear All,
        Further to my invitation to the EPIC-lite interoperability
trials, I've realised that the scope of these trials may have been
misinterpreted.

I thought it would be useful to clarify some issues :

1)	The objective is to trial the technology known as EPIC-lite. It
      is NOT intended to trial the TCP, or any other specific,
      header compression profile. In this respect it is not a 
      'normal' protocol interop, and was never intended to be a
      TCP 'rohc' interop. I apologise if I have given this incorrect 
      impression.

2)	This trial aims to prove the suitability of the EPIC-lite 
      technology and, as such, is hopefully of interest to the WG.

      (This follows from a request at the London IETF #51 to show 
       that the underlying principles of EPIC-lite were, in fact, 
       interoperable)

Hence the trial is really a meeting of groups which have EPIC-lite
implementations based on the current versions of the draft 
(since that is the only basis that we have for doing any testing 
at this time) and who just wish to demonstrate that the EPIC-lite 
concept for 'encoding rules' is interoperable.

I still wish, however, to invite anyone who has an EPIC-lite 
implementation based on the current draft to join in and feel 
free to ask if you would like more information.

Kind regards

Stephen McCann
Siemens Roke Manor
Roke Manor Research Ltd (A Siemens Company) 
Southampton 
UK

http://www.roke.co.uk/networks/Epic/epic.html