Subject: [rohc] Genration incrementation in RFC 2507

From: "Gaurav Bhargava" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:26:43 +0530

Hello All,

I have a doubt regarding the generation value for Non TCP Header Compression
as per IPHC.
The RFC 2507 states that generation value is incremented “if the header
changes the context” in the compressor.

I understand the concept of streams for a Non TCP case is implementation
based. But if we take a normal case where for IP/UDP header I take all the
DEF fields to define a context and hence a stream. Meaning I take IP src,
dest addr, UDP src, dest ports as the fields which identify a context.

My question now is when one of these fields change, should I not go for a
change in CID ?

If so then in what scenarios do I increase the generation for a CID/Context
?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
Gaurav

***************************************************************************
This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL) 
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information 
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for 
what it is intended. 

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. 
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from 
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.
***************************************************************************