Subject: [rohc] Protocol Action: 'RObust Header Compression (ROHC):Context Replication for ROHC Profiles' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:03:14 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RObust Header Compression (ROHC):Context Replication for ROHC Profiles '
   <draft-ietf-rohc-context-replication-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Robust Header Compression Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

Technical Summary

   This document defines context replication, a complement to the
   context initialization procedure found in ROHC (Robust Header
   Compression). Profiles defining support for context replication
   may use the mechanism described herein to establish a new context
   based on another already existing context. Context replication is
   introduced to reduce the overhead of the context establishment
   procedure, and may be especially useful for the compression of
   multiple short-lived flows that may be occurring simultaneously or
   near-simultaneously, such as short-lived TCP flows.

Working Group Summary

   The Working Groups has consensus to publish this document as a 
   Proposed Standard RFC.

Protocol Quality

   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin. It
   was also reviewed by Brian Carpenter, on behalf of the general
   area review team.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc