Subject: [rohc] FW: OUTPUT: no message or zero byte message?

From: "Surtees, Abigail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:30:52 -0000

Forwarded on behalf of Zacco because it didn't reach the list ...

Best regards,

Abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Lajos Zaccomer (IJ/ETH) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 12:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Surtees, Abigail
Subject: OUTPUT: no message or zero byte message?

Hi,

Could anyone tell me, what was the reason to include the following passage
in RFC 3320 (9.4.8 OUTPUT):

   Since there is technically a difference between outputting a 0-byte
   decompressed message, and not outputting a decompressed message at
   all, the OUTPUT instruction needs to distinguish between the two
   cases.  Thus, if the UDVM terminates before encountering an OUTPUT
   instruction it is considered not to have outputted a decompressed
   message.  If it encounters one or more OUTPUT instructions, each of
   which provides 0 bytes of data to the dispatcher, then it is
   considered to have outputted a 0-byte decompressed message.

Thanx:
Zacco

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc