Subject: [rohc] Questions about ROHC

From: "Simon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 23:32:07 +0800

Dear members,

Good day to everyone, I'm just started doing some ROHC study few weeks ago.
After I went through RFC 3095,I have some parts that I 'm quite confusing.

The questions that I would like to ask are:

1.	According to RFC 3095, we knew that ROHC compression must start in
the Unidirectional mode and also in lowest compression state- IR state. But
before this state, will compressor do any "negotiation" with the
decompressor to negotiate about the compression parameters?
2.	To do this, ROHC will sent a negotiation packet first to the
decompressor and the compressor will only send the IR packet in
Unidirectional mode to the decompressor (after the decompressor had
responded accepting these parameters). Am I correct?

Hope I can get the answer from you all soon . Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Simon Teh

Univerisiti Sains Malaysia

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:40:00 +0200

Hi Simon,

the negotiation, if any, is separate from the data crossing the ROHC 
channel.
See RFC3241 for one example.
Please ask again if that leaves any question open.

Gruesse, Carsten