Subject: [rohc] Document Action: 'SigComp Torture Tests' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:56:02 -0500

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'SigComp Users' Guide '
   <draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-user-guide-04.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'SigComp Torture Tests '
   <draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-torture-tests-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

These documents are products of the Robust Header Compression Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-torture-tests-03.txt

The WG Chair shepherd for these documents is Lars-Erik Jonsson.

Notes to RFC Editor
 
 For both documents, change the heading References to Normative References

 In draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-user-guide-04.txt, remove the reference to RFC 2026

 In draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-torture-tests-03.txt, remove the references to RFC
 3667 and 3668.  Also, update Reference 1 so that it will refer to 
 draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-user-guide-04.txt (RFC XXXX) when both these
 documents are published together.

draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-torture-tests-03.txt
5. Security Considerations 

OLD:
   This document describes torture tests for the SigComp protocol RFC-
   3320 [2].  Consequently the security considerations for this document
   match those of SigComp.

NEW:
   This document describes torture tests for the SigComp protocol RFC-
   3320 [2].  Consequently the security considerations for this document
   match those of SigComp.

   In addition, the torture tests include tests for a significant number of 
  "boundary and error cases" for execution of the UDVM bytecode.  Boundary
  and error problems are common vectors for security attacks, so ensuring that 
  a UDVM implementation executes this set of torture tests correctly should
  contribute to the security of the implementation.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc