Subject: [rohc] RE: [AVT] Re: draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-05.txt

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson \(LU/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:49:02 +0200

>> QUESTIONS:
>> =========
>> 
>> In number 3 (section 4, under summary of procedures), it says:
>> 
>> "R1/HC assigns a CID to the flow and uses the R1 --> R4 LSP/PW to
>>  send HC scheme control packets and compressed packets to R4/HC, 
>> with LSP and PW labels." 
>> 
>> Do the existing compression schemes universally provide a means
>> to ensure that this information is received by the de-compressor
>> (i.e. - do they include an ACK for this)?
> 
> I don't know - I'll let one of the HC experts answer that one.

I am not sure exactly what the question is about, but...

- All HC schemes have the multiplexing mechanism needed to
  separate "flows", i.e. they have a Context IDentification
  function.

- CID's are usually included in ALL compressed header packets.
  I do not know what you mean with the ACK question, some schemes
  can make use of explicit ACKs, while some are simply NACK-based.

- All this is about internal HC scheme functioning, I do not see
  why it is relevant to HC-over-MPLS.

I hope this clairified. Otherwise, let me know!

/L-E

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc