Subject: [rohc] Retransmission of uncompressed message in case of client transaction time out

From: Ankita Taparia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:34:31 +0530

Hi ,

In the Error Situations the rfc 3486 states that  - 

"  If a SIP client sends a compressed request and the client transaction
   times out without having received any response, the client SHOULD
   retry the same request without using compression. "

However in such a scenario ,if the client transaction waits for the the 
time out duration , and then retransmits the uncompressed message 
then the previous hop will by that time itself will get timed out as a 
provisional response is received only in case of the INVITE request .
 Hence the retransmission will not serve the purpose . How would such a 
situation  be taken care of? 

Regards
Ankita Taparia
Intern , FSS 

***********************  FSS-Restricted   ***********************

***********************  FSS-Unclassified   ***********************

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc