Subject: [rohc] Context(Tsc)

From: "Endre Szalai \(IJ/ETH\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 18:42:48 +0200

Hi ROHCers,

A minor suggestion:
Section 4.7 in the "Corrections and Clarifications to RFC 3095"
(draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-19.txt) document mentions that:
"Context(Tsc) is always 1.  If scaling is not desired, the compressor
will establish TS_STRIDE = 1."

Beside that Tsc is not listed in section 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 of RFC 3095; it
is completely meaningless to suggest, that Tsc is one of the values that
should be kept in the context, since its value is always constant, never
updated. 
Tsc has effect only on the current packet, never on packets after that.
I think it would be better to remove the first sentence "Context(Tsc) is
always 1."

Regards,
Endre

==========================================================
Endre Szalai            wired  > +36  1 437 7796
Software Developer      mobile > +36 30 343 7061
Conformance Center      fax    > +36  1 437 7576
ERICSSON Hungary (ETH)  mail   > [email-masked]
==========================================================

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc