Subject: [rohc] U-mode parameters

From: "Pedro Fortuna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:18:38 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding U-mode parameters, which, after reading
RFC3095 and the implentation guide draft, I wasn't able to find an
answer.

I understand that in U-mode, the Compressor state machine advances to
higher compression states through the use of a confidence variable,
which translates to a number of sent packets in a given compressor
state. Because it's in U-mode, the compressor has periodically to
revert back to IR State to contain possible Loss propagation that may
be ocurring. That happens when irregularities in the stream are
detected or by the expiration of one of two timers (Timer_1 and
Timer_2).

My question is: exactly when are these two timers set up, and what
values (duration) are commonly assigned to them ?

Thanks,
Best Regards,

--
Pedro Fortuna
INESC Porto
http://www.inescporto.pt

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc