Subject: [rohc] New RoHC Draft

From: "Kapoor, Rohit" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:10:24 -0700

RoHCers,

We have submitted the draft
draft-kapoor-rohc-profiles-reordering-00.txt, which defines RoHC
profiles for RTP/UDP/IP, UDP/IP and ESP/IP that inherit most of their
functionality from ROHC v1 profiles described in RFC 3095, except that
efficient support for reordering is added.

Note that the mechanism for reordering support in this draft is inspired
by and is very similar to that in the RoHC v2 profiles draft,
draft-pelletier-rohc-rohcv2-profiles-00.txt. This should make it easier
for implementations that wish to support both these as well as v2
profiles.

The URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kapoor-rohc-profiles-reorderin
g-00.txt

The motivation for this draft comes from requirements of 3GPP2 member
companies. During implementation and testing, 3GPP2 companies have
noticed that adding re-ordering support to RoHC vastly improves the
overall system performance. 

Moreover, 3GPP2 member companies have already implemented solutions
based on RFC 3095 and are planning to roll out commercial deployments of
HRPD Rev-A based on RFC 3095 profiles. So, they are looking for minor
enhancements to RFC 3095 profiles to include support for re-ordering.
This draft describes RoHC profiles which capture such small
enhancements.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Rohit, Chokri and Qinqing

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc