Subject: [rohc] SK Telecom's opinion for 3GPP2's need for ROHC

From: "Sean Kwak " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:06:41 +0900

Hi all,
 
As an CDMA2000 major operator, SKT supports 3GPP2's need for ROHC to solve
the packet re-ordering issue.
 
SKT has the plan for deployments of ROHC function in early next year so we
want to finalize 3GPP2 specification by the end of this year.
 
To make it faster, we support the option 2 (i.e., the AD sheohereded option)
showing in Thomas Narten's mail.
 
2) Take the work started in draft-kapoor-rohc-profiles-reordering-01.txt,
and produce an AD Shepherded Informational document. 
   [This approach has the advantage that it would help get a some level of
IETF/WG review to "sanity check" that what is being proposed is compatible
with the ongoing v2 profile work. But discussions with the chair/AD
suggested that we would have difficulty getting support for this route, as
the resultant document might appear to have been "blessed" by the IETF too
much.]
 
Regards,
Sean.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc