Subject: [rohc] Request for implementation report of IPv6 Compression Protocol option in RFC 2472

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:42:19 +0100

Hi ROHC participants,

The IPv6 WG is trying to take RFC 2472 (IP Version 6 over PPP) to Draft 
standard. However they are lacking implementation reports on one part of 
the document, namely the IPv6 Compression Protocol option defined in 
Section 4.2 of RFC 2472. As RFC 3241 (Robust Header Compression (ROHC) 
over PPP) is one document that actually uses the option you may have 
implemented and hopefully tested against another implementation.

If you have an implementation of RFC 3241 and have succesfully 
interoperated it please submit an implementation report on Section 4.2 
of RFC 2472.

An Implementation report is sent to [email-masked] with CC to 
me and [email-masked]. Please include at least the following 
information in the implementation report:

Exactly what you tested: In that case at least section 4.2 of RFC 2472,
but you are welcome to report that you have implemented more parts.
When you tested:
With whom you tested: Multiple parties is better
If your implementation uses code from some publicly available source. 
Please indicate which.
Who you are: Your contact information

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:57:41 +0100

Hi Again,

I also forget to mention that there is a deadline in helping out on 
this. If you have implemented it and intended to submit a report, please 
do that within the next week, i.e. no later then Monday the 27th.

cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:38:00 +0100

Hi,

As pointed out to me this option is also used in RFC 3544 (IP Header 
Compression over PPP). So if someone have implemented this and interop 
tested it, please report. It would save a lot of hazzle, as one of the 
ways forward is to pull this option out of the update to RFC 2472.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund