Subject: RE: [rohc] Sigcomp Users guide - basic question

From: "Surtees, Abigail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:02:30 -0000

Hi Tana,
 
The bits that are read are the block type, but the Deflate bytecode
assumes the block type so they are read (to remove them from the
message) but not used.  When reading input, you have to put it somewhere
and extra_length_bits is not in use at that point so that's where
they're put (rather than having to add another 2byte 'variable' that's
never used).
 
I hope that makes sense.
 
Best regards,
 
Abbie

________________________________

	From: tana m [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: 29 November 2006 21:40
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [rohc] Sigcomp Users guide - basic question

	Could someone please clarify?
	
	In the Deflate bytecode section of 4464, why are 3 bits being
read first as extra lengt h bits even before the Input-huffman starts
reading bits to decode ? I was expecting to see 3 bits being read to
indicate the block type (01). 
	
	Thanks.

________________________________

	Cheap Talk? Check out
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.co
m/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>  Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone
call rates.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: cco <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:31:21 +0100

> they're put (rather than having to add another 2byte 'variable' that's

cristian: what is maybe important to be stressed once again: the
bytecode in the rfc decompresses only fixed Huffman codes blocks 
(see 3.2.6. Compression with fixed Huffman codes (BTYPE=01), rfc1951)

bye now!
cristian