Subject: Re: [rohc] RE: State acknowledgement.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:14:34 +0530

Hi West,

Thank you for your response.

Now I am wondering about  selecting the  type of the Compression algorithm 
to use  in SigComp.

From some whitepapers I came to know that LZS is better than DEFLATE . i.e 
 DEFLATE consumes more CPU time than LZS. DEFLATE gives bit better 
compression ratio than LZS.

I want to use LZS. Is there any third party library  available for LZS 
compression. ( with No IPR issues and free of cost :-))) )

Please clarify this. 

Thanks and Regards
Ranjith Reddy. V
Extn: 9134
Location : F4-122

"West, Mark" <[email-masked]> 
07/27/2007 02:08 PM

To
Ranjith Reddy V/BLR/HSS@HSS
cc
[email-masked]
Subject
[rohc] RE: State acknowledgement.

Hi Ranjith,
 
It's up to you to construct the feedback string.  It can be whatever you 
want -- the example in RFC 3321 is, if I remember correctly, using the 
state hash, but it doesn't have to be that.
 
In your example, compressor A would know the SMS at B (it has to know this 
for the secure reference principle to work) and so knows which states will 
be created (and which will be deleted).  A can work this out from the 
state-creation rules.
 
Cheers,
 
Mark.
 
PS -- your disclaimer states that this is proprietary information, which 
doesn't really fit with this being a public mailing list...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 27 July 2007 07:47
To: West, Mark
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: State acknowledgement.

Hi West, 

If a Compressor A requests Decompressor B to create a  Bytecode state, 
Dynamic state and a  USD state then how decompressor B acknowledges of 
these states to A. 

I know about  feedback mechanisam . My doubt is about  what will be the 
feedback string...? 

Suppose decompressor B have enoughs SMS to create Bytecode state, Dynamic 
state and it is not for USD state then how it informs about saved states 
and unsaved states to compressor A...? 

Thanks and Regards
Ranjith Reddy. V
Extn: 9134
Location : F4-122

***********************  Aricent- Confidential   *********************** 
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely 
for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or 
confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If 
you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended 
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of 
this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this 
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

***********************  Aricent-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: "West, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:32:22 +0100

Hi Ranjith,
 
The simple answer is that I don't know: we don't use LZS and I've not had cause to look for any implementations...
 
Good luck,
 
Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 01 August 2007 11:45
To: West, Mark
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [rohc] RE: State acknowledgement.

Hi West, 

Now I am wondering about  selecting the  type of the Compression algorithm to use  in SigComp. 

From some whitepapers I came to know that LZS is better than DEFLATE . i.e  DEFLATE consumes more CPU time than LZS. DEFLATE gives bit better compression ratio than LZS. 

I want to use LZS. Is there any third party library  available for LZS compression. ( with No IPR issues and free of cost :-))) ) 

Please clarify this. 

Thanks and Regards
Ranjith Reddy. V
Extn: 9134
Location : F4-122