Subject: [rohc] Value of next header (IPv6) and protocol (IPv4) field

From: Ang Way Chuang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:17:33 +0800

Hi all,
     In the presence of IPv6 extension headers, what should be the value 
of next header? For instance, if the following datagram goes to compressor,

IPv6 base header --- Hop by Hop header --- UDP header

     I guess the next header field in the static header contains the 
value of 17 (UDP header) since the section 5.8.4.1 of RFC 3095 states 
that "All communicated uncompressed extension header items indicate 
their own type in their Next Header field". So it is only logical to put 
the value of next upper layer protocol in the next header field. Is my 
assumption correct? I think the similar concept applies to IPv4 datagram 
as well?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ang Way Chuang
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc