Subject: [rohc] RFC 4077 and feedback mechanism

From: "Ofer Goren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:43:58 +0300

Hi.

According to RFC 4077, section 3.1, the format of the NACK message
includes the returned feedback mechanism item, just like any other
SigComp message (RFC 3320). However, according to RFC 3320, section
9.4.9 (END-MESSAGE), the feedback item can be retrieved only during
END-MESSAGE command.

In most cases, if my decompression session reached the END-MESSAGE
command, it means decompression was successful. If not, I have no way to
retrieve the feedback item. In that case, what should I place in my NACK
message?

Thanks,

Ofer Goren

_______________________________________________

If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was
probably worth the investment. 

P Before printing this email, kindly think about the environment

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc