Subject: [rohc] Liaison statement from 3GPP RAN2

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 13:15:43 +0000

Hi,

IETF has received an Liaison Statement from 3GPP RAN 2:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1635/

They are considering defining a new ROHC profile for compressing
Ethernet headers. I am currently drafting a liaison response to their
questions.

So far I have not identified any strong issues to discourage 3GPP from
defining a ROHC profile in their specifications. Anyone that has
opinions on this?

Are there anyone on this list that thinks that we should request that
3GPP RAN2 informs us when the have solution that is mostly ready, and in
a reasonable for review?

I plan to have my draft LS ready later this week.

Cheers 

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Architecture & Protocols, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------