Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-roll-rpl-observations-07.txt

From: Rahul Jadhav <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 09:43:56 +0530

Folks,

The RPL observations draft contains observations captured over the years by
the working group about the problem statements, general observations with
respect to RPL operations, behaviour.

Problem statements include:
1. Problems associated with storing MOP
     a. incrementing DTSN in sub-dodag.. If a 6LR switches path, should it
increment DTSN to inform child nodes to update their path? observations,
possible issues in the context.
     b. how to handle DAO retransmissions in storing MOP?
     c. ensuring bi-directional path establishment in storing MOP?
2. implementation notes related to trickle timer
3. Handling of Path Control Bits (ever heard of it!) in RPL.
4. Adjacencies probing with RPL
5. lollipop counters and its dep on persistent storage ... implications if
you set the lollipop counters parameters unwisely
6. Handling upgrades/extns to RPL
... lots of other interesting stuff ...

We just posted a -07 version with no changes to keep it alive since some of
the current drafts refer to these problem statements...

Any feedback is welcome, very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rahul

---------- Forwarded message ---------

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-roll-rpl-observations-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Rahul Arvind Jadhav and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-roll-rpl-observations
Revision:       07
Title:          RPL Observations
Document date:  2021-11-29
Group:          roll
Pages:          21
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-observations-07.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-observations/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-rpl-observations
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-rpl-observations-07

Abstract:
   This document describes RPL protocol design issues, various
   observations and possible consequences of the design and
   implementation choices.