Subject: [RPSEC] Charter Update....

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 08:24:55 -0400 (EDT)

One minor change....

----

Routing Protocol Security Requirements (rpsec)

CHAIRS: Russ White ([email-masked])
        Marcus Leech ([email-masked])

Description
-----------

The lack of a common set of security requirements and methods for
routing protocols has resulted in a wide variety of security
mechanisms for individual routing protocols.  Ongoing work on
requirements for the next generation routing system and future work on
the actual mechanisms for it will require well documented routing
security requirements.

The products of this working group will be used by routing protcool
designers to ensure adequate coverage of security in the future,
including well known and possible threats. 

The RPSEC working group is charged with the following tasks:

 - Document threat models for routing systems
 - Document security requirements for routing systems
 - Provide a common area for discussion between security and routing
   experts on the topic of securing the routing system

Proposed WG milestones:

  1. Jul 2002: Submit initial I-D (or set of I-Ds) which details
     the threats to routing systems.

  2. Oct 2002: Submit initial I-D (or set of I-Ds) which outlines
     security requirements for routing systems.

  3. Dec 2002: Submit I-Ds documenting threats to routing systems
     for publication as Informational RFC.

  4. Mar 2003: Submit the I-D documenting security requirements to
     routing systems for publication as Informational RFC.

  5. Mar 2003: Evaluate progress, recharter with new goals (see possible
     future work below) or shutdown.

Possible Future Work
--------------------

 - Document the feasibility of various types of security mechinisms
   within routing systems
 - Document requirements for new security mechanisms
 - Document security requirements for the next generation routing
   system

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec

---

From: "Don Wilder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:19:37 -0400

Looks good to me... :)

Don Wilder
American Registry for Internet Numbers

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Russ White
> Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 8:25 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [RPSEC] Charter Update....
> 
> 
> 
> One minor change....
> 
> ----
>