Subject: RE: Re: [RPSEC] DDoS of routing ?

From: "Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:14:12 -0600

ji,

> again, you don't want the cryptographic verification of your packets 
> happening on the RP, for obvious reasons.

yes. In general, documented solutions(s-bgp) for routing security is 
difficult to deploy due to the involved cost. The only clever solution
seems to be utilize registries for maintaining a consistent view by 
enforcing RPSL and rfc 2725.

- Senthil.
_______________________________________________
RPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rpsec

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:44:42 -0800

Senthil,

> enforcing RPSL and rfc 2725.

You're confusing two different issues: transport-level message
authentication and authentication and authorization of actual prefix
announcements.

Alex