Subject: Re: [RRG] GSE?

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:27:10 -0400 (EDT)

> From: David Conrad <[email-masked]>

    > the reality is that to date, IPv6 has seen essentially zero use so
    > ripping it out and replacing it with something else would not
    > operationally impact significant numbers of people. However, with that
    > said, I would agree that this isn't so much a technical issue as a
    > political one.

Exactly - and history does not provide a source for optimism, alas. TUBA was
an even more miminal change - it didn't require any code changes, just
restricting CLNP addresses (NSAP's) to a subset of what was allowed by the
spec - and 'we have installed base, albeit minimal' killed that too. Sigh,
people seem to be unable to discard the bird in the hand for the 10 thousand
in the bush....

	Noel

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg