Subject: Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: David Conrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:59:05 -0700

Dino,

On Aug 18, 2008, at 9:43 AM, Dino Farinacci wrote:
>> Only a suicidal ISP would dare to suggest that a large end user  
>> renumber
>> as part of an ISP solution because that would negatively  
>> differentiate
> But they require a site to renumber when the site disconnects from  
> them.

Only if they're using address space provided by the ISP they're  
leaving.  Hence the proliferation of PI allocation policies at all the  
RIRs.  We're well on our way to re-creating the swamp, only with the  
potential that it'll be vastly larger...

Regards,
-drc

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg