Subject: Re: [rrg] and while we're at it, here's a view from the ground...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:43:13 EDT

In einer eMail vom 31.10.2008 12:53:52 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

Do you  have objections to solutions, based on renumbering, that others want
to use  and that helps reducing DFZ FIB immediately?
No. By routing based on an aggregated topology and the destination's  
location it doesn't matter whether the destination is given by a renumbered or  not 
renumbered IPaddress, be that IPv4, be that IPv6, be that what so  ever.

Do  you suggest running enhanced BGP on DSL termination routers?
No. At least, I do not see any advantage by enlarging the (viewed)  internet 
topology in this way. But it wouldn't create any scaling problem  either. Of 
course, some router pretty close to the destination user must  eventually look 
at the destination IP address.
 
Heiner

_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg