Subject: [RRG] Dynamis of the mapping function

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:48:23 +0100

Tony,
> 
> I'd like to turn now to the issue of the dynamics of the mapping function.
> In particular, how fast can we allow the mapping entries to be updated?  Do
> we need to constrain the overall flux of the mapping?

I'm not sure that we can decouple this discussion from the architecture 
of the mapping function.

A generic requirement could be something like :

The amount of dynamicity tolerated for each mapping entry should scale 
in a manner inversely proportional to the number of remote entities 
affected by each change of this entry.

Olivier

-- 
http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be , UCLouvain, Belgium

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg