Subject: [RRG] Newbies: Comparison of NERD, ALT, APT, Ivip & TRRP

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:36:23 +1000

Newbies trying to come up to speed with RRG discussions might find
this page helpful:

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/comp/

This is based on a message to the list earlier this month, with
extra material from Bill Herrin regarding TRRP.

I eliminate the proposals for solving the routing scaling problem I
think are definitely not practical for both IPv4 and IPv6.  Then, I
discuss 23 questions concerning the 5 map-encap proposals I think
are potentially practical:

  LISP-NERD
  LISP-ALT
  APT
  Ivip
  TRRP

Please suggest corrections, improvements, further questions etc. -
ideally on the RRG list, but also off-list.

  - Robin

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg