Subject: [RRG] Call for Papers - Routing in Next Generation Workshop, Madrid (Spain) - 13-14 December 2007

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:21:10 +0200

Hi all,

Please see the complete info about this workshop and the call for papers at:

http://www.ist-ring.org/index.php?page=workshops/ring_2007_workshop

PDF at:
http://www.ist-ring.org/workshops/RiNG-Workshop-CFP-Dec2007.pdf

Regards,
Jordi

****

The RiNG (Routing in Next Generation networks) project supports the
coordination, study and analysis of Internet routing protocols, with a
particular focus on either new approaches to routing or changes to existing
routing protocols that may support future Internet growth.

As part of its activities, RiNG is hosting an open routing workshop in
Madrid, Spain. The event is principally aimed at PhD students working in the
area of Internet routing architecture and protocols, but is open to
submissions and presentations from any interested researchers. The aim of
the workshop is to allow young researchers to present their work in a formal
yet friendly environment to their peers and a selection of academic and
industry experts from the routing research community. We also expect two
keynote speakers to take part in the event.

The event is free to attend; there is no registration fee for authors or for
anyone wishing to join the event to participate in the discussions, however
for logistic reasons registration is required via this form.

Submissions are invited in any areas related to Internet routing, which may
include but not be limited to:

    * Innovative approaches to routing
    * Scalability of routing and addressing
    * Multihoming solutions
    * Identifier/locator split
    * Enhancements to BGP
    * Security of routing protocols
    * Analysis of trends in routing
    * Traffic engineering

Submissions should be in extended abstract format and be approximately 2-3
pages of A4 in size (in PDF format only). Authors whose proposals are
selected for the workshop will then be given 20-25 minutes to present their
research at the workshop. All abstracts and presentations from the workshop
will be published on the RiNG website and a printed book edited/published by
the RiNG project. In addition, a prize will be awarded to the best
presentation.

All successful authors will be expected to attend the event.

Workshop deadlines:

    * 26th October 2007 - submission of extended abstracts
    * 9th November 2007 - notification of accepted abstracts
    * 23rd November 2007 - deadline for registration to attend for
non-authors

The workshop will be run over one day and a half, on 13-14 December, 2007.
An evening dinner will be arranged to encourage interaction and discussion
between attendees.

Submissions or enquiries about the event should be mailed to
[email-masked].

Program Committee

    * Alessandro Capello (TILAB)
    * Geoff Huston (APNIC)
    * Iljitsch van Beijnum (Muada)
    * Joao Damas (ISC)
    * Jordi Palet (Consulintel)
    * Kurt Lindqvist(INETTECH)
    * Marcelo Bagnulo (UC3M)
    * Pekka Savola (CSC)
    * Stig Venaas (UNINETT)
    * Tim Chown (ECS)

**********************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg