Subject: Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 11:25:49 -0400

Excerpts from Noel Chiappa on Fri, Sep 05, 2008 10:57:42AM -0400:
> - a) stop accepting/advertising PI addresses
> - b) charge for accepting/advertising PI addresses
> - c) deploy some sort of jack-up system outside the customer-owned/managed
> 	part of the network
> - d) buy stock in Cisco/Juniper/etc so that they'll get at least some return
> 	on the large checks they are going to have to write to them

> As for c), I have heard that most ISP's aren't at all interested in
> one of the more fully-worked jack-up proposals (although that may
> change down the road), so I'm wondering if that's really viable.

> Am I missing something? (I'm not trying to rain on everyone here,
> just trying to be realistic and hard-nosed - the ~15 year history of
> IPv6 shows us what happens when we're not sufficiently realistic and
> hard-nosed.)

(c) doesn't have to be deployed by the core ISPs ("outside the
customer-owned/managed part of the network"), it can be deployed by
the sites themselves.  

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg