Subject: [RRG] new chairs for the RRG

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:30:14 -0800

Lixia Zhang and Tony Li will be the new chairs of the Routing  
Research Group.  They have been drafting an update to the RRG charter  
which will add increased focus to the RG and this should be sent to  
the RRG list shortly.  The change of chairs and focus will affect the  
RRG meeting planned for March 17th.  So, look for updates on that as  
well.

A little more about Lixia and Tony:

Lixia Zhang received PhD degree in computer science from the  
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.  She was a member of research  
staff at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center before joining UCLA in 1996,  
and has been with UCLA since then.  In the past she served as vice  
chair of ACM SIGCOMM, Co-Chair of IEEE Internet Technical Committee,  
editor for IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking.  She has been  
participating in IETF since its first meeting in 1986. She is a  
Fellow of ACM and IEEE, and is currently serving on the IAB.

Tony has a Ph.D. from USC in Computer Science, where he did postdoc  
work with Deborah Estrin on IDPR.  Since 1991, Tony has worked on  
inter-domain routing and router implementation, including an  
implementation of BGP 3, an implementation of IS-IS, and  
architectural contributions to multiple core routers.  Tony has been  
an author on numerous RFCs, and is a former co-chair of the IS-IS,  
Mobile IP, and CIDR deployment working groups.

Welcome Lixia & Tony!

--Aaron Falk
   IRTF Chair

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg