Subject: Re: [RRG] Convergence

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:35:32 -0800

On Dec 3, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Russ White wrote:

> Are we going to have a technical problem statement between now and  
> then?
> My recollection of the last one was that it was focused on a business
> model, rather than being more technical in nature? I don't think we  
> need
> one for RRG, I think, but it might be useful (?).

I take it that you're referring to the RADIR problem statement.  No,  
we are currently not planning any additional enhancements to that.   
The design goals document captures some technical issues that we deem  
worthy of discussion.  If that seems insufficient, we're certainly  
open to proposals.  Let's discuss before you start writing, however.

I should remind folks that our 'problem' is a matter of research, not  
engineering.  Drawing a hard line about the problem (which I would  
deem absolutely necessary for an engineering effort) is not  
necessarily the best approach for research.  Or, as my advisor used  
to put it: the goal of a master's student is to solve hard problems.   
The goal of a researcher is to ask the right questions.

Tony

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg