Subject: Re: [RRG] Convergence

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 19:11:04 -0500

> Over the last 9 months people have been working hard on exploring the
> design space for scalable routing architectures, and new proposals
> continue to appear over time.  However there is also a growing desire to
> produce a final recommendation.  The co-chairs would like to put forth
> the following proposed schedule as a strawman for discussion:
> 
> - floor stays open for new innovative solutions
> - at the same time we encourage efforts on identifying fundamental
>   commonalities and differences among proposals, and design tradeoffs.
> - starting from March'08 we will drive the group effort towards convergence
> - we hope to reach a final recommendation by March '09.

Are we going to have a technical problem statement between now and then?
My recollection of the last one was that it was focused on a business
model, rather than being more technical in nature? I don't think we need
one for RRG, I think, but it might be useful (?).

:-)

Russ

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg