Subject: RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:34:45 -0700

Hi Peter,

|> aggregation.  For the cases that do require aggregation, it 
|would seem
|> that you have to be willing to renumber end-user sites...
|
|That is just occurred to me: what if end users instead of ids 
|will get just a range. E.g. here is 64 least significant bits 
|for you to do whatever. Hence there is no need to support the 
|name space, users can renumber as much as they want while SP 
|could package ids with the access to those users who do not care.
|
|Then all decisions about hierarchy and layers concentrate on 
|prefixes that will be managed along the established RIR policies.
|
|What do you think?

I think that smells remarkably like ILNP.  

Tony

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg