Subject: [RRG] Running on Empty: the challenge of managing Internet addresses

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:01:49 +1000

As discussed on the ARIN PPML list:

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2008-September/011859.html

there is a new paper of potential interest to RRG folks, because it
contemplates how the IPv4 address space will be managed in the
foreseeable future.

How this is managed directly affects the routing scaling problem and
the urgency with which we need to develop a scalable routing and
addressing architecture.

http://tprcweb.com/files/Lehr%20Vest%20Lear%20Internet%20Address%20TPRC%208_15_08.pdf

   Running on Empty: the challenge of managing Internet addresses
   William Lehr (MIT),  Tom Vest (RIPE NCC) and Eliot Lear (Cisco)

The paper gets a good rap from one PPML person who read it:

   I just finished reading this paper, and must say it's very well
   written, does an excellent job of summarizing the issues, and
   presents some excellent analysis.  I would recommend it to anyone
   subscribed to this list, and many others outside our community.

I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

  - Robin

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg