Subject: Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: Roland Dobbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:16:59 +0700

On Aug 20, 2008, at 9:55 PM, Scott Brim wrote:

>  We _could_ cause that to happen by deploying a routing and  
> addressing architecture that assumes easy renumbering.

As long as endpoint IDs (with or without conflated locators) continue  
to be overloaded for policy purposes, renumbering is likely remain  
challenging, irrespective of changes to the routing and addressing  
architecture.  Fundamental changes to the current loosely-coupled  
stack model may be required in order to remove largely siloed policy  
overloading as a barrier to renumbering.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roland Dobbins <[email-masked]> // +66.83.266.6344 mobile

      History is a great teacher, but it also lies with impunity.

                    -- John Robb

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg