Subject: RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:43:52 -0700

Hi Scott,

|How mappings
|are discovered is orthogonal to that, but yes, in order to scale hugely
|mappings should refer to aggregates.

Good, we agree.

|But the EIDs, or whatever you want to call them, in a map-and-encap
|scheme do not have to be the "identifiers" that (afaict) were the point
|of this thread.  Map-and-encap is about routing and forwarding, not
|identification.  We can have tokens (one or more) that fill all the
|needs of identification without being closely associated with routing
|and forwarding.

This seems like semantic wrangling to me.  EIDs are still the input to the
mapping function and to have the mapping aggregate, then there can be a need
to renumber EIDs.  

Tony

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg