Subject: Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:06:02 -0700

> One of the topics that came up in Dublin during Lixia's talk was the
> acceptability of renumbering.  How do folks feel about an  
> architectural
> solution requiring renumbering to retain scalability?

It will surely make new technology easier to deploy and scale better.  
Will the bearer of the cost accept it? Well, it there is compelling  
benefit, I think so. Do I think there is compelling benefits, again, I  
think so.

And we think (the LISP crew) that single-homed sites that want to  
become multi-homed sites will be willing to renumber. Will multi-homed  
sites renumber for a loc/id split solution, I think it depends on how  
simple it is to run the solution and hence provide the benefits we  
have talked about before.

Now, the hard question is, will multi-homed sites who already have  
renumbered with PI space, will they renumber again so if a PTR  
solution is put in place, we can advertise less routes rather than  
more for interworking purposes.

Dino

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg