Subject: [RRG] Six/One Implementation

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:08:38 -0400

Folks,

FYI:  We have an implementation for host-based Six/One.  Those of you
interested are welcome to meet Jan Melen and me after the RRG session,
and we will show you how it works (via SSH tunnels to our lab).

- Christian

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:07:08 -0700

> and we will show you how it works (via SSH tunnels to our lab).

Christian, thanks for the heads-up. What does it run on? Can I have a  
copy. I would love to try it.

Dino

---

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:18:45 +0200

> Christian, thanks for the heads-up. What does it run on? Can I have  
> a copy. I would love to try it.

Hi Dino,

thanks for the interest!  The implementation is based on our HIP code  
for FreeBSD.  This already supports host-based multi-homing.  We added  
the key features of Six/One:  (1) Host support for generating address  
bunches, ensuring that each address in a bunch has the same interface  
identifier, (2) router support for rewriting routing prefixes, and (3)  
host support for recognizing address rewrites and adopting the new  
addresses.

You find an early documentation of this implementation at:

http://users.piuha.net/chvogt/pub/2007/draft-vogt-hip-sixone-00-pre.txt

Regarding the publication of this software:  Yes, I want the software  
to be publicly available.  But it will take some time for us to go  
through the required process.  So please be patient.  We will notify  
you (and the other people who have approached me for the same reason)  
once we have permission to release the software.

All the best,
- Christian