Subject: [RRG] Point about EID prefixes as transition indication

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:55:37 -0700

The point about using EID space prefixes as an indication of
which sites have been upgraded is that it need not interfere
with existing deployments nor require that existing deployments
ever transition.

Let's say the EID space is IPv6, and we say that some portion
of that space (e.g., 2001::/16) stays as legacy and all the
rest goes as the objective deployment. Then, a site that is
using a non-2001::/16 is unambiguously known to be upgraded.

I think this eases the transition for either six/one or LISP?

Fred
[email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 07:19:32 -0700

>with existing deployments nor require that existing deployments

Per Christian's point, one benefit of this is no renumbering
for legacy deployments.

Fred
[email-masked]