Subject: [RRG] Combined Six/One-HIP Implementation

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:22:22 +0200

Folks,

we are currently working on our first Six/One implementation, and have
prepared an initial documentation of this work:

http://users.piuha.net/chvogt/pub/2007/draft-vogt-hip-sixone-00-pre.txt

Specifically, we are integrating the Six/One concept of IP address
bunches and network-side IP address rewrites with the Host Identity
Protocol's mobility and multi-homing extensions.  This results in a
traffic-engineering-compatible multi-homing solution for edge networks.
We found that there is large potential for reuse of HIP functionality to
realize equivalent Six/One functions, which greatly limits the
complexity of the combined protocol.

Petri will give a short preso on this in Vancouver.

- Jan, Petri, Patrik, and Christian

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg