Subject: [RRG] Ivip Fast Push ID & 8 page Conceptual Summary and Analysis

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 02:00:47 +1100

In accordance with:

  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00908.html

I have written an 8 page Conceptual Summary and Analysis of Ivip:

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/Ivip-summary.pdf

and linked to it from the Proposal Summaries section of the wiki:
http://tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/RoutingResearchGroup

In 5.5 pages you can read a concise overview of Ivip's architecture
and major benefits.

As a first step to improving and breaking up the Ivip material into
multiple shorter IDs, there is a new ID with much more detailed
discussion of the Fast Push Mapping Distribution system than was in
ivip-arch-00.

It hasn't appeared on the IETF system - maybe I missed the deadline
and it won't appear there for weeks.  You can get it here:

http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/draft-whittle-ivip-db-fast-push-00.html
http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/draft-whittle-ivip-db-fast-push-00.txt

I plan to rewrite the ivip-arch ID to be a shorter architectural
overview - a more detailed version of Ivip-summary.pdf.

Over the next few months, I hope to develop IDs along the lines of

  ivip-arch	      Best source of info on most of Ivip now.
                      Will be shorter later.

  ivip-db-fast-push   Done.

  ivip-itr-qs         ITRs and Query Servers.

  ivip-etr-filter     ETRs and outer header source address =
                      sending host's source address.

  ivip-mobility       Ivip's new kind of IPv4 and IPv6 mobility.

  ivip-pmtud-frag     To be based on the existing page:	
                      http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/pmtud-frag/
                      but adopting Fred Templin's suggestion for
                      BCP guidance for hosts sending jumboframes.

  ivip-deployment     Business plans etc.

  - Robin           http://www.firstpr.com.au

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg