Subject: Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:13:11 +0200

On 19 aug 2008, at 21:03, Fleischman, Eric wrote:

> Nevertheless, there are few ISP
> networks of equivalent size to ours using whatever metric you choose  
> to
> use.

> Certain forces are trying to re-define that model, trying
> to compel us to lease addresses and to become dependent upon outside
> ISPs that are smaller than us. How dare they!!

The problem is as follows:

- we can't build a network where EVERYONE has PI addresses

- so far, nobody has come up with a rule for allowing/denying PI to  
organizations such that we can know that the number of PI users stays  
within the long term limits of our technology

What you're saying is that whathever this rule is, you qualify.

Your implicit argument that the rule can't be "nobody gets PI" is  
reasonable, but we still need to have this rule.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg