Subject: Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:16:35 +0200

On 20 aug 2008, at 18:45, Scott Brim wrote:

> Identifiers are
> primarily useful for multipath management and session continuity.
> Identifiers may be in the network layer, and carried in network layer
> packet headers, for convenience of the endpoints, but that doesn't
> mean they should be included in routing information.

Well, then the question is: do we look up locators based on these  
identifiers?

If no, then they purely function on the transport and higher layers  
and have no relationship to the network layer so they might as well  
not exist for our purposes.

If yes, they need to have some hierarchy or have a very low  
granularity so their total number remains low in order to make the  
lookup function scale.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg