Subject: RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: "Scott Weeks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:28:28 -1000

Resending from my work account (scary) because mauigateway.com isn't allowed to send email to the list any longer...

Comments inline...

------ [email-masked] wrote: ---------
Eric, let me ask a question to you, as you represent a large  
enterprise site.
-------------------------------------

I would like to respond for the medium networks.  My current background 
is on a state-wide network with ~100K DSL users and ~200 leased line 
customers ranging from T1s to multiple 100Meg circuits.

-------------------------------------
If you knew you could get more bandwidth out of *all* your SP links by  
renumbering, would that be considered that a business expense?

And if you knew you could get more bandwidth out of your links by also  
being a good net citizen by not injecting non-aggregatable routes into  
the core, would they weight into your decision to  spend effort  
deploying a Loc/ID split solution?
-------------------------------------

The only thing that I'd be able to use to convince the upper management 
is "more bandwidth".  They wouldn't care about being a good netizen and 
they hold the purse strings.  Being a good netizen would, though, be a 
value add to make me work harder to convince the mucky-mucks up there...

scott

-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------