Subject: RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:19:07 -0700

|Charging for routing slots (and inter-provider settlements for 
|same) seems
|like a possible solution, provided the ISP's can agree to 
|introduce it. A
|Boeing won't care if it costs $10K a month (to pick a random 
|number out of
|the air) to support a PI, but the charm of PI addresses will 
|likely decline
|sharply for Joe's Consulting when _they_ find out it's going 
|to cost them
|that much to use it.

Unfortunately, we've been trying for 15 years to instill charging for
routing slots and have gotten no traction.  I'd argue that's pretty good
proof that that's infeasible too.

Tony

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg