Subject: RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: "Fleischman, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:44:41 -0700

>From: Noel Chiappa [mailto:[email-masked]] 

  > > From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>

   > > the acceptability of renumbering. How do folks feel about an
   > > architectural solution requiring renumbering to retain
scalability?

>Depends on what namespace you're talking about changing names in, I
suspect.

I agree. The current system attempts to get the end user to renumber for
the sole benefit of the ISP. That is, it envisions ISPs telling their
substantially larger customers to endure considerable expense to do
something that exclusively benefits the ISP. There is no business case
for that -- it's just not going to happen no matter how allegedly easy
the re-numbering may be. 

However, if we're talking about ISPs renumbering themselves, then that
is an entirely different matter because they may potentially benefit
from it and so there may be a business case for them to do so. 

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg