Subject: [RRG] 3 RIPE presentations and a PPML discussion

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:24:06 +1100

RJ Atkinson posted the first 3 links to the now-dormant RAM list.  I
have added another link to a potentially interesting discussion on PPML.

  - Robin

These 3 presentations (PDF) made at the RIPE 55 meeting last week
in Amsterdam, NL might be of interest to a few folks lurking here.

"IPv6 Allocation & Announcements"
by Randy Bush (IIJ):
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-55/presentations/bush-ipv6-allocation.pdf

IPv6 Transition & Operational Reality
by Randy Bush (IIJ):
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-55/presentations/bush-ipv6-transition.pdf

"IPv4 Depletion & the Afterworld"
[Also called the "train wreck" talk in the RIPE hallways.]
by Geoff Huston (APNIC):
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-55/presentations/huston-ipv4.pdf

"Effects of explosive routing table growth on ISP behavior"
http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/ppml/2007-October/009714.html
http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/ppml/2007-October/009716.html
http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/ppml/2007-October/009717.html

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:28:07 EDT

I like to respond by using the RRG-mailinglist rather than the  
RAM-mailinglist while assuming that 
the RRG-mailiglist is for "free routing research" where backward -  
compatability is not the first priority.
 
However free routing research may turn out to yield results which  enable 
IPv4 to continue, in principle, forever 
(which does not mean that IPv4 can't use improvements). Remember,  Rekther's 
law talks about two  alternatives. So far attention is only  given to one of 
them.
Heiner

In einer eMail vom 30.10.2007 19:26:03 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

- Robin

"IPv6 Allocation & Announcements"
by Randy  Bush  (IIJ):
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-55/presentations/bush-ipv6-allocation.p
df

IPv6  Transition & Operational Reality
by Randy Bush  (IIJ):
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-55/presentations/bush-ipv6-transition.p
df