Subject: [RRG] Design Taxonomy/Analysis for Address-Indirection-Based Solutions

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:26:31 +0300

Hi folks,

to contribute to the comparison of routing scalability solutions that
are based on address indirection in the network -- i.e., solutions
like LISP, APT, TRRP, Six/One Router --, I wrote the following design
taxonomy and analysis:

http://users.piuha.net/chvogt/pub/2008/vogt-2008-design-taxonomy.pdf

This has three parts:

- A decomposition of network-based address indirection protocols into
   four main components.

- A taxonomy of solution approaches for each of these components.

- An analysis and comparison of these solution approaches.

The paper is in draft status currently, and I will update it after
next week's RRG meeting.  The discussions during the meeting will, of
course, be valuable input to this update.

CU soon!

- Christian

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg