Subject: [RRG] paper on separation of locators and identifiers

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:46:05 +0100

Joel-

Related to your RRG talk, I collaborated on this paper with Dave Clark  
and Bob Braden a few years ago. It explores several of the issues  
associated with identifier, locator separation.  Of course, the HIP  
work has looked at this as well.

--aaron

========================

Clark, D., Braden, R., Falk, A., and Pingali, V. 2003. FARA:  
reorganizing the addressing architecture. SIGCOMM Comput. Commun. Rev.  
33, 4 (Oct. 2003), 313-321. DOI= http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/972426.944770

http://www.isi.edu/newarch/DOCUMENTS/FARA.FDNA03.pdf

Abstract

This paper describes FARA, a new organization of, network architecture  
concepts. FARA (Forwarding directive, Association, and Rendezvous  
Architecture) defines an abstract model with considerable generality  
and flexibility, based upon the decoupling of end-system names from  
network addresses. The paper explores the implications of FARA and the  
range of architecture instantiations that may be derived from FARA. As  
an illustration, the paper outlines a particular derived architecture,  
M-FARA, which features support for generalized mobility and multiple  
realms of network addressing.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg