Subject: [RRG] Comments to Draft-lewis-lisp-interworking

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 19:51:27 +0300

Some comment to the "Lews draft":

- already in the abstract the draft talks about LIPS prefixes which seem
to be central for the document. But in the section of "Definition of
Terms" there is not definition for the term "LISP prefix."

- EID prefix reachability seems to be different from LISP locator
reachability which denotes existing mapping. Is this really the
intention that there are two types of reachabilities? Should the mapping
be cached in the ETR in order to be in reachable state, or des it
suffice that there is in the mapping system a binding?

- step 8 in section 5.2

How does the ITR know that the packet is destined to non-LISP site? The
incoming packet was LISP encapsulated. Would that imply that the site is
LISP site? Obviously the ITR needs to make a EID->RLOC map query and
fail with that to know that there the destination is non LISP. 

Section 5.4

First sentence "There are several that ..." => "There are several
reasons that ..."

Section 5.5

Append => Prepend?

Regards Hannu

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 22:35:50 -0700

> - already in the abstract the draft talks about LIPS prefixes which  
> seem to be central for the document. But in the section of  
> "Definition of Terms" there is not definition for the term "LISP  
> prefix."
>
> intention that there are two types of reachabilities? Should the  
> mapping be cached in the ETR in order to be in reachable state, or  
> des it suffice that there is in the mapping system a binding?
>
> - step 8 in section 5.2
>
> How does the ITR know that the packet is destined to non-LISP site?  
> The incoming packet was LISP encapsulated. Would that imply that the  
> site is LISP site? Obviously the ITR needs to make a EID->RLOC map  
> query and fail with that to know that there the destination is non  
> LISP.
>
> Section 5.4
>
> First sentence "There are several that …" => "There are several  
> reasons that ..."
>
> Section 5.5
>
> Append => Prepend?
>
> Regards Hannu
>

Thanks for the comments Hannu. We will make these fixes ASAP. Thanks  
again.

Dino

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg