Subject: [RRG] Anyone want to co-author & present an Ivip paper at ACM MobiArch, Seattle, in August?

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:36:43 +1100

Is there anyone who would like to present a paper on Ivip's approach
to mobility, perhaps as a co-author?

I am based in Melbourne Australia and don't have funds for travel.
So I can't make it to the 22 August workshop:

   MobiArch '08 — The 3rd ACM International Workshop on Mobility in
   the Evolving Internet Architecture

      http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2008/workshops/mobiarch/

Papers need to be presented - I can't simply submit a paper and have
no-one to discuss it.

You wouldn't need to know everything about Ivip, or be committed to
it as the best solution - but you would need to be able to explain
and discuss the mobility aspect, which I discussed recently:

   http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2008/msg00535.html

I would work with you, with phone calls etc. to help you learn about it.

Ivip's approach to mobility is not related to the host-based mobile
IP techniques.  So some scepticism and resistance from mobile IP
folks would not be surprising.  It should work fine for IPv4 and
IPv6, with no changes to the correspondent host and few for the
mobile host.

You wouldn't have to write the paper, but if you wanted to
contribute, including with critical perspectives, that would be great.

Submissions need to be in by 31 March.

  - Robin

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg