Subject: [RRG] New routing and addressing proposal added to the RRG wiki

From: "Anders Eriksson E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:21:55 +0100

Hi all, 
I have added a link on the RRG wiki page to a conceptual overview and an
analysis of a new routing and addressing architecture, see under
"Proposal Summaries". The proposal is called Dynamic Internetworking
Architecture (DYNA). The paper is structured according to the RRG
guidelines for a conceptual summary and analysis. An abstract is
appended below.

Best regards
Anders Eriksson

A Dynamic Internetworking Architecture (DYNA) with Path-based Locators
Anders Eriksson
[email-masked]
Ericsson Research

Abstract - Network topologies change due to mobility or multihoming
events, node or link failures, reconfiguration events, SLA changes, or
other events. This paper describes the DYNA internetworking
architecture, which is designed to handle topology changes as well as
changes of provider-dependent prefixes in a scalable fashion using
native routing and addressing mechanisms. The paper gives a long term
perspective of an evolution of Six/One. The architecture assumes a
semi-static core network and a dynamic edge region consisting of core
edge routers, nested edge networks, and hosts. The global locator of a
host is path-based in the sense that it describes a path traversing the
edge networks between the core network and the host. The locator uses a
provider-dependent prefix. A scalable locator construction mechanism
updates the path-based locators to reflect the dynamically changing
network topology. A node identity and locator split mechanism is
employed to maintain session continuity at the transport and upper
layers in case of locator updates. The paper provides a conceptual
summary of the architecture, describes two design alternatives for
dynamic locator construction, and evaluates the architecture against the
design goals of the IRTF routing research group. 

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg