Subject: [RRG] ITR-ETR reading list for the flight to Vancouver

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:58:16 +1100

Folks flying to Vancouver might like to give their printer a
hammering and have something to read en-route.  (I won't be there -
the IETF meetings are too far from Melbourne Australia.)

The page numbers are not counting the last two or so pages of IDs.

Late 2006 IAB RAWS report and presentations:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4984                    (34pp)
  http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/routingandaddressing/

Quick intro, for those not already immersed in ITR-ETR schemes:

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/

      5pp for the "Short Version" or 17pp including the
      longer version.

LISP

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farinacci-lisp-05    (43pp)
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lear-lisp-nerd-02    (29pp)
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-meyer-lisp-cons-03   (21pp)
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fuller-lisp-alt-01   (17pp)
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-curran-lisp-emacs-00  (9pp)

    Recent discussion of ALT and EMACS:

       http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00540.html
       http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00545.html
       http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00546.html
       http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00550.html
       http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00551.html
       http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00558.html

eFIT-APT

   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-ietf-efit-00   (20pp)
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jen-apt-01          (23pp)

     Critique of efit-00 & apt-00 and response:

       http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/comp/
       http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00446.html
       http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00455.html

Ivip

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-whittle-ivip-arch-00 (105pp) or

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/draft-whittle-ivip-arch-00.html

     77 (A4) or 81 (letter) pages depending on your margins.  More
     pages and less head scratching than some competing products.

TRRP

  http://bill.herrin.us/network/trrp.html               (16pp)

Sprite (Path MTU Discovery fix for ITR-ETR schemes and other
        tunneling systems)

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-inetmtu-06   (19pp)

IPTM  (PMTUD, fragmentation etc. fix for Ivip and other
       ITR-ETR schemes)

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-inetmtu-06   (11pp)

Comparison of LISP-NERD, LISP-CONS, eFIT-APT & Ivip (July 2007)

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/comp/               (17pp)

    and some related material (17pp):

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/ip/ivip/slides/RAM-2007-07-28-rw.pdf

Chart: NERD, LISP-CONS, eFIT-APT, Ivip & TRRP (Oct 2007)

  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00485.html

Discussion of TRRP's delays and correcting my understanding of
LISP-NERD (Oct 2007)

  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00462.html
  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00474.html
  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00484.html
  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00485.html
  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00488.html
  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00489.html
  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00490.html
  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00500.html

  - Robin

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg