Subject: RE: [RRG] draft-rja-ilnp-intro-01.txt

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 10:33:57 -0700

|Did you mean 'continue to use the identifiers in the 
|pseudo-header in the
|meantime'? That's what I did in a proposed TCP mod which added separate
|identifiers, which I did back in the NSRG timeframe. By putting the
|identifiers into the pseudo-header, and therefore into the 
|checksum, you
|'implicitly' include them into every packets, even though they 
|aren't actually
|in the packets as a distinct field.

Frankly, I wasn't making a serious proposal, just making the point that
there are other ways of doing things.  There are many tricks that can be
played at the mechanism level.  When we get there.

Tony

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg