Subject: Re: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:04:31 -0700

> On Aug 18, 2008, at 9:43 AM, Dino Farinacci wrote:
>>> Only a suicidal ISP would dare to suggest that a large end user  
>>> renumber
>>> as part of an ISP solution because that would negatively  
>>> differentiate
>> But they require a site to renumber when the site disconnects from  
>> them.
>
> Only if they're using address space provided by the ISP they're  
> leaving.  Hence the proliferation of PI allocation policies at all  
> the RIRs.  We're well on our way to re-creating the swamp, only with  
> the potential that it'll be vastly larger...

I have been informed, that after 30 days, the SP reassigns. And if the  
disconnected site continues to use the reassigned space locally as in  
RFC 1918 there is no harm. But if they try to use the space globally,  
it won't work. And that is in contract when the site signs up to do  
business with the SP.

Dino

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg