Subject: [RRG] GLI-Split

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 14:48:02 +0200

Hi,

most Loc/ID proposals use a locator for interdomain routing, but they 
still use the identifier for intradomain routing. The global locator, 
local locator, and identifier split (GLI-Split) that implements a true 
Loc/ID split:

http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/staff/menth/Publications/papers/Menth08-GLI-Split.pdf

We are happy to receive feedback to this draft. The solution is 
backward-compatible with the legacy IPv6 Internet and supports
mobility. It requires modification of the networking stack, but there is 
also a slim version of GLI-Split that works with legacy IPv6 equipment 
which is not covered in the paper. It is certainly not perfect, but we 
believe that it explores an interesting part of the design space.

My colleague Matthias Hartmann attends the IETF meeting in Dublin.
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~hartmann/

He would like to discuss with you, if possible already before Friday. 
Just contact him!

Regards,

    Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room B206
phone: (+49)-931/888-6644, fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg