Subject: RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:18:43 -0700

|On 9/2/08 8:15 PM, Tony Li allegedly wrote:
|> So, part of our recommendation will likely be to cease the 
|current practice
|> of disseminating PI addresses in favor of alternative addressing
|> architectures.  These would necessarily be coupled, so that 
|our recommended
|> solution would become available at the same time that PI 
|accessibility
|> ceased.  Obviously, some timing details need to be worked 
|out so that we
|> have an engineering solution that clearly does work (in 
|practice, not just
|> on paper) before we can phase out PI.
|
|Why do you say this?  An addressing architecture that eliminates PI is
|one possibility, but not the only one.  Are we having terminology
|problems again?

If PI is available, then all users will tend to cling to it, avoiding any
other possible solution.  Our entire job is to give them an alternative.

Tony

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg