Subject: [RRG] Provider Changes Under APT

From: Dan Jen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:27:34 -0800

Eliot,

I modified the subject as this has little to do with "tunnel
fragmentation/reassembly".

> I consider it unwanted need for coordination between providers where 
> none is necessary using other mechanisms.

When a customer switches providers, there is no need for coordination
between the old and the new provider.  

Under the contract between provider and customer, the provider should
withdraw its mappings to the customer once the contract terminates.  If
the provider doesn't do this, it would be a contract violation.  Thus
the only coordination is between customer and provider, not between
providers.  

Non-automated interaction between customer/provider is
unavoidable when contracts are initiated or terminated.  Even under
LISP, when a customer signs up with an ISP, that ISP must allocate RLOCs
to the customer's TRs.

Any thoughts?  We appreciate your comments.  

Dan Jen

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg