Subject: [RRG] CFP ReArch'08

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:15:17 +0200

Sorry if you receive multiple copies

--------------------------------------------------------------

ReArch’08 - Re-Architecting the Internet
“Exploring what is broken with the Internet architecture 
and how to fix it.”

  Madrid, Spain

         9 December, 2008

co-located with ACM CoNEXT'2008 sponsored by ACM Sigcomm

http://www.sigcomm.org/co-next2008/rearch.html

Motivation

The Internet architecture has been remarkably successful in 
allowing a planet-scale internetwork to form. However, this 
architecture is losing its original simplicity and 
transparency as new classes of applications, operational 
and management requirements, business models, security 
mechanisms and scalability enablers give rise to point 
solutions that extend the architecture without regard to the 
original design principles.

While these mechanisms are necessary for Internet operation 
under current economical, technical and social conditions, 
their combination has significantly reduced the potential 
for incremental evolution of the Internet architecture. This 
loss of flexibility is already being felt as the number of 
Internet nodes grows by another order of magnitude.

Several substantial Future Internet initiatives have started 
in Europe, the US and Asia, and the vendor and network operator
communities are also actively discussing the limitations of 
the current Internet architecture as well as its potential 
evolution.

This workshop will discuss what the real underlying problems 
are with the Internet and how we might fix them so that the 
Internet architecture re-gains its simplicity and transparency 
and is fit for another 30+ years, so that the architectural 
simplicity and clarity of the Internet can be regained and 
retained for another 30+ years.

This workshop solicits original, high-quality papers that 
analyze, and discuss ideas for a new Internet architecture, 
including specific improvements to current Internet protocols,
especially at the internetworking, transport and application 
layers, new internetworking components that integrate into 
the existing architecture and ideas for clean-slate 
internetworking architectures.

Topics

ReArch'08 covers all aspects related to the current and 
future Internet architecture including, but not limited 
to, how the following impact on that architecture:

    New networking paradigms
    New business models
    New routing architectures
    New traffic engineering and congestion control 
     mechanisms
    Measurements and analysis that characterize the 
     real architectural limitations
    New architecture proposals and their implications 
     for research
    New protocols that address the limitations
    Studies of interactions between stakeholders of the 
     Internet and the architecture itself
    Design principles and interfaces to accommodate the 
     conflicting interests of stakeholders in the architecture
    Principles of evolving future architectures
    Requirements for interworking with the existing Internet, 
     and for deployability.

Papers that present interesting, fresh ideas at an early 
stage are more suitable for this workshop than highly 
polished results or incremental refinements of previous work.
Submissions may include position papers that point out new 
directions and stimulate discussion; position papers should 
be clearly marked. Submissions must be original and not 
already published in any other conference proceedings or 
journal. Proceedings of the workshop will be published in the 
ACM Digital Library.

Submissions

Submitted papers must be at most 6 pages long (including 
figures, tables, references, etc.) in the standard ACM 
double column format. All text must use font sizes of 10 
points or larger. Longer submissions will not be reviewed. 
The review process is single-blind. Submissions will be 
done via EDAS.

Submission Deadline:	 	15 August 2008 
Notification: 		 	10 October 2008

Workshop Co-Chairs
Olivier Bonaventure - UCLouvain
Marcelo Bagnulo - UC3M
Joe Touch - USC/ISI

Technical Program Committee

Mark Allman    	      ICSI
Jari Arkko 	      Ericsson
Bob Briscoe 	      BT Group
Ken Calvert           University of Kentucky
Brian Carpenter       University of Auckland
Maoke Chen 	      Tsinghua University
Kenjiro Cho 	      IIJ
Jon Crowcroft 	      University of Cambridge
Philip Eardley 	      BT Group
Lars Eggert 	      Nokia Research Center
Kevin Fall            Intel Research
Pierre Francois       UCLouvain
Robert Hancock 	      Roke Manor Research
Mark Handley 	      University College London
Christian Huitema     Microsoft
Daniel Massey         Colorado State University
Martin May   	      ETH Zurich
Pekka Nikander        Ericsson Research Nomadiclab
Craig Partridge       BBN Technologies
Peter Steenkiste      Carnegie Mellon University
Iljitsch van Beijnum  IMDEA Metworks
Tilman Wolf 	      University of Massachusetts

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg