Subject: RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:06:40 -0700

|Yes, that is my answer concerning readdressing and I would be very
|shocked if any large end user would answer differently. 
|However, the NAT
|part of your summary is an assertion of yours that I don't buy 
|into -- I
|don't see any correlation between PI and NATs. They are independent
|concepts.

Simply this: if sites aren't willing to renumber, then the architecture
needs to allow them to not renumber and still scale.  In the current
architecture, that implies that sites would need NAT, or some similar
translation solution.  If we go down the map-n-encap path, it implies that
we need a mapping solution that does not require aggregation of the
identifier space.  So far, there aren't a lot of those on the table, leaving
us back at the translation solution.

Tony

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg