Subject: [RRG] Six/One question

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:30:38 +0100

Hi Christian, please can you explain the following, I didn't manage to
work it out from the draft.

The first packet contains the new Destination option, Context setup, to
establish the context, ie the address bunch. This enables the
correspondent to re-write the 'active' address in received packets into
the stable primary address as seen by applications etc. However, what
happens if a new active address is subsequently used that wasn't in the
Context setup option? ie does the initial Context setup option have to
contain all the potential addresses (routing prefixes)?

Thanks,
Phil. 

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg

---

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:07:27 +0300

> contain all the potential addresses (routing prefixes)?

Philip,

you are right, the Context Setup option contains all subnet prefixes of the
initiating host.  This is a security measure that prevents an attacker from
injecting bogus subnet prefixes and thereby redirect packet illegitimately.
Based on the subnet prefixes in the Context Setup option and the
cryptographically generated interface identifier of the initiating host, a
correspondent host can verify which subnet prefixes are legitimate.

Take care,
- Christian