Subject: RE: [RRG] Renumbering...

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:02:24 -0700

|So, what we are coming to is:
|
|A PI block is not an EID-prefix, but a EID-prefix is *typically* a PI  
|block. An EID-prefix is a PI block that can be aggregatable for  
|mapping database scalability.

Let me try a clarification here:
-------
A PI block is not an EID-prefix, however a PI block may be effectively
'reused' as an EID-prefix.  This is to say that a set of code points in the
'address' namespace have a 1-1 correspondence to a set of code points in the
EID namespace and that allocations in the EID namespace are always a
superset of address allocations.

However, a site that receives an explicitly allocated EID-prefix may not
reuse that EID-prefix as a PI block of addresses.
-------

Do we agree?  

Yours in semantic precision,
Tony

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with the
word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/rrg/> & ftp://psg.com/pub/lists/rrg