Subject: [rrg] RANGER, VET and SEAL

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:43:38 -0800

During the HAIR presentation at the RRG meeting today, the
question came up as to the number of levels in the hierarchy
supported and the point about the hierarchical mapping system
(I believe the answer was three levels of hierarchy).

The RANGER architecture (along with VET and SEAL) support
hierarchical recursion to arbitrary levels, with each level
having its own mapping system. At each level, however, there
will only be one layer of encapsulation - not one layer of
encapsulation for each level of the hierarchy.

The documents are available here:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-ranger-04
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-21
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-seal-23

Comments on the documents are welcome.

Fred
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg

---

From: Anja Feldmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:46:42 +0100

thanks for the pointers

       Anja

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:43:38AM -0800, Templin, Fred L wrote:
> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:43:38 -0800
> From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [rrg] RANGER, VET and SEAL
> 

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Anja Feldmann, Ph.D.              email:  [email-masked]
Deutsche Telekom Laboratories           tel:    +49 30 8353 58510 
TU Berlin                               mobile: +49 170 333 8353
_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:57:33 +1300

> thanks for the pointers

Along the same lines, I suggested an indefinite number of
levels of hierarchy last year, but probably 3 as the practical
maximum.

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~brian/DFZng.pdf

   Brian