Subject: Re: [rrg] Summary of architectural solution space

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:37:11 EST

In einer eMail vom 14.11.2008 23:59:13 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

The  second draft is now available  at
http://bill.herrin.us/network/rrgarchitectures.html .  It adds  a
strategy C to the solution universe, strategy A now addresses  the
approaches to compatibility with deployed IP and I've made what I  hope
are numerous small improvements.

Bill,
correct me if I am wrong:
Strategy A means LISP etc. Obviously A is about to be abandonned,isn't it  ?
Strategy C tries to emulate TARA. Doesn't it ?
 
Heiner

_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg

---

From: "William Herrin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:09:08 -0600

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:37 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> http://bill.herrin.us/network/rrgarchitectures.html

> Strategy A means LISP etc.

LISP, TRRP, IVIP, Six/One Router and I think APT are all specific
proposals within strategy A, yes.

> Obviously A is about to be abandonned,isn't it ?

That's not obvious to me. ;)

> Strategy C tries to emulate TARA. Doesn't it ?

I think TARA is a strategy-C approach, yes. Remind me where the link
to TARA is so I can double-check?

Thanks,
Bill

-- 
William D. Herrin ................ [email-masked]  [email-masked]
3005 Crane Dr. ...................... Web: <http://bill.herrin.us/>
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004
_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg