Subject: Re: [rrg] [lisp] Fwd: [GROW] Operational experience with cachebasedmapping ID

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:16:20 -0600

|They can't be completely decoupled, because different data plane
|mechanisms have different mapping requirements -- many none at all --
|and (as you say) different mapping mechanisms work better with
|different data plane mechanisms.  I believe you need to evaluate
|data/control mechanism combinations.  

Fair, but from a modularity standpoint, we should see them as separate
subsystems and attack them as such.

Tony

_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:25:54 -0600

> subsystems and attack them as such.

Yah.  Generate ideas about them as independent systems, but evaluate
them based on how they mesh.
_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg