Subject: [rrg] Safest routing may save human lives

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 17:59:41 EST

I'm sorry, this is an off-list topic, but the bad news from India make me  
believe that there is a need for safest routing. Let me first explain what I  
hereby mean, then why I am using this list.
 
Be that there is a network with arbitrarily scattered "nodes of danger".  The 
objective is to route from any starting node to some completely unknown  
destination node, which however is away from the starting node by at least some  
given distance d. The path shall be such that it always tries to get away from  
all nodes of danger concurrently, and whenever this is not feasible to 
minimize  approaching to any of them.Passing a node of danger were completely 
forbidden,  optionally even passing any direct neighbor node of a node of danger.In 
case the  topology is in-door (e.g. inside a hotel) an artificial stub link 
with a   big distance values may be added  to each exit-node as to enforce that  
the unknown destination node is effectively behind any exit node.
 
I think I could built such an algorithm which either computes such a  path or 
yields that there is no such path available. Used  by appropriate technology 
it may really save the lives of the hereby guided  individuals. Two years ago 
I sent a respective letter to the NYC Fire Department  but wasn't worth to be 
returned an even declining formal letter. Maybe, just  because I am not a 
Harvard professor, as I still believe  that  such algorithm hasn't been developed 
so far.
 
Therefore if anyone is related with such topics /technologies or can  be of 
any help, please respond.
 
Heiner
 
_______________________________________________
rrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/rrg