Subject: [Rserpool] Draft Agenda for the 50th IETF Rserpool WG meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:47:45 -0600

Please send comments on this draft agenda to the list.  I would like to send
this to the IETF agenda person sometime next week.  

By the way, the architecture team will not have a conference call next week.
The next conference call will be scheduled after the 50th IETF meeting.

Thanks.

-- maureen

Thursday, March 22 at 1300-1500

Reliable Server Pooling Working Group Agenda (rserpool)

CHAIRS: Lyndon Ong <[email-masked]>
        Maureen Stillman <[email-masked]>

DESCRIPTION:

Reliable application service is critical to many different applications.
Examples include call control, mobility location registers, and e-commerce
websites.  Reliability can be implemented using an application server pool,
where multiple hosts support a single application with redundancy and/or
load sharing. 

Existing server pooling mechanisms are typically proprietary and designed
for specific applications.  As a result they cannot be extended to
heterogeneous environments and new applications.  

The Reliable Server Pooling effort focuses on standardizing a generalized
mechanism to provide a client with reliable service(s) provided by an
application server pool.  The objective is to cleanly separate the
application from the reliability mechanism and allow different types of
applications to use a common reliability framework and protocols. 

Documents: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tuexen-rserpool-reqts-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xie-rserpool-asap-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xie-rserpool-enrp-01.txt

Agenda (total time 2 hr):
 
- Introduction (5 min.) 
Lyndon Ong

- Review and Discussion of Requirements and Architecture document (20
minutes)
Speaker, Michael Tuexen

- Discussion and comparison of ASAP proposal with requirements (30 minutes)
Speaker, Randy Stewart

- Discussion and comparison of ENRP proposal with requirements (30 minutes)
Speaker, Qiaobing Xie

- General discussion (30 minutes)

- Wrap up (5 minutes)

To join the rserpool mailing list send e-mail to:

[email-masked]
with subscribe in the message body

Maureen Stillman
Nokia
Member of Scientific Staff             Voice: (607)273-0724 x62
Internet Commerce Enhancement  Fax: (607)275-3610
127 W. State Street                     Mobile: (607)227-2933
Ithaca, NY 14850
e-mail: [email-masked]
www.nokia.com

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool