Subject: [Rserpool] Short summary of Working Group meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:31:18 -0600

Short Summary of Reliable Server Pools Working Group (rserpool)

50th IETF
Thursday, March 22 

CHAIRS: Lyndon Ong ([email-masked])
        Maureen Stillman ([email-masked])

Approximately 60 people were present.  

Reading Material: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tuexen-rserpool-reqts-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xie-rserpool-asap-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xie-rserpool-enrp-01.txt

AGENDA:

- Review and Discussion of Requirements and Architecture document, Michael
Tuexen

- Discussion and comparison of ASAP proposal with requirements, Randy
Stewart

- Discussion and comparison of ENRP proposal with requirements, Qiaobing Xie

1) Discussion of Requirements and Architecture document
	  
There were comments concerning the technical content of the DNS section and
that some of it is incorrect.  Another comment was about adding to the
document comparisons to related work such as ISIS and other reliability
efforts.  The group decided to split the document into three parts:
Requirements, related work and the third part, architecture and examples.
Michael Tuexen will make these modifications and post the result to the
list.

The group consensus was to advance the requirements document to last call
after the modifications debated at the meeting are incorporated and posted
to the mailing list.

2) Discussion and comparison of ASAP and ENRP proposal with requirements

The group consensus was to make ASAP and ENRP both working group documents.
Randy and Qiaobing will better define the terminology, clean up the internet
drafts and have them ready for review in 3-4 weeks.  The edited documents
will be input for subsequent conference calls that will be set up following
the posting of them to the list. 
  
I'll be in China from March 30 - April 11 and reconnected to my e-mail on
April 12. Any urgent working group matters that need co-chair attention
during that time should be directed to Lyndon.  The full text of the minutes
will be posted upon my return.  Please send any comments on this summary to
the list.

Thanks.

-- maureen

Maureen Stillman
Nokia
Member of Scientific Staff             Voice: (607)273-0724 x62
Internet Commerce Enhancement  Fax: (607)275-3610
127 W. State Street                     Mobile: (607)227-2933
Ithaca, NY 14850
e-mail: [email-masked]
www.nokia.com

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool