Subject: [Rserpool] ENRP server channel

From: "Miguel Angel Nieto Jimenez ECE/TL/NA TU-146 Tlf.91.339.4670" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:03:37 +0200

Hi,
	I have a question about the 'ENRP server channel' definition:

      ENRP server channel:
	  Defined by a well known multicast IP address and a well
	  known port number. All ENRP servers in an operation scope
	  can send multicast messages to other servers through this
	  channel. PEs are also allowed to multicast on this channel
	  occasionally. 

If the ENRP server is over SCTP and this does not allow multicast,
then, how is the 'ENRP server channel' set up? 

Regards
	Miguel Angel

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:40:28 -0500

Hi, Miguel Angel,

Multicast is an IP service and should be always available no matter what
transport protocol you are using. Of cause there may be some Socket API
restrictions that may force you to use a separate socket to do
multicast.

-Qiaobing