Subject: [Rserpool] Draft Agenda for 51st IETF in london for Rserpool

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:53:40 -0500

Comments, questions or suggestions for other topics are welcome.  

Please note that the internet drafts draft-gopal-asap-candidate-00.txt
and draft-gopal-enrp-candidate-00.txt are not yet available.  They were
submitted prior to the internet draft deadline but have not been posted
yet.  Also, an updated version of the comparison document
draft-ietf-reserpool-comp-01.txt has been submitted but not yet posted.
We will let you know when these have been posted.

Draft Agenda Rserpool
Monday, August 6  15:30-17:30

Introduction - 5 minutes 

Status of the Proposed Informational RFC on Requirements for Reliable 
Server Pooling  - 2 minutes 

1) Open Issues on WG ASAP and ENRP docs - 30 minutes
 
Speakers: Randy Stewart, Qiaobing Xie
draft-ietf-rserpool-asap-00.txt 
draft-ietf-rserpool-enrp-00.txt 

2) Candidate ENRP and ASAP - 20 minutes
 
Speaker: Ram Gopal
draft-gopal-asap-candidate-00.txt
draft-gopal-enrp-candidate-00.txt

Comparison with requirements and with WG items ASAP and ENRP. 

3) Comments on comparison draft - 15 minutes
 
Speaker: John Loughney
draft-ietf-reserpool-comp-01.txt 

4) General Discussion - 30 minutes 

5) Closing - 5 minutes 

-- maureen

Mobile: (607)227-2933

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:24:24 -0500

Maureen:

This all looks good... But I have one major question (more
for gopal than for you :>)

Why in the world would you re-use ASAP and ENRP???

It is fine to have an ALTERNATE candidate for rserpool, I encourage
this.. However it is un-productive I think to have two protocols
with the SAME name...

I have not, as yet, read the drafts.. I will as soon as I can.. but:

If you just wanted the same protocol with different message formats
then you should post comments on the list re the existing drafts...
We are about to enter into a free-for-all to change the formats :)

If you want a new protocol, being totaly different, you SHOULD pick
a new set of names..

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
[email-masked] 815-342-5222 (cell phone)