Subject: [Rserpool] New draft releases (ASAP-07, ENRP-06, and Common-Param-04) for your review

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:52:51 -0500

Hi,

This round of revision is mainly for capturing what we talked about at
the last IETF, in particular, 

1) to disallow the support of multiple user transport params in a PE
2) all PEs in a pool must use the same transport type
3) no "control only" PEs allowed
4) all PEs in a pool must use the same data/control config, i.e., all 
   of them being either "data only" or "data and control", but no 
   mixing of the two.

... plus some corrections/fixes/enhancements of text based on comments
from the mailing list.

Since this update impacts all 3 drafts, you are encouraged to read and
review all the three.

The following are some specific change items in each draft.

===============================================
Common Param draft (v03 -> v04):
 x cleaned up Abstract
 x re-arranged text in section 3 to enhance the flow for readability
 x removed Comm. Restrictions Param (no longer needed)
 x removed Control-Only option in Transport Use field, and make 0x0
   (the blank/unused/unspefied value) to map to Data-only.
 x changed the term "Control or data" to "Data plus control", so as to
   make sure people won't mistake that "control only" is still
   allowed. 
 x removed multiple user transport support in PE parameter def. And
   made clear that a PE must have one and only one user trans param.
 x added missing text for existing error cause defs
 x added new error causes: inconsistent transport type and
   inconsistent data/control usage.
 x added a generic error cause code "unspecified error", useful when
   one needs to report something that does not fit well to any
   specific cause code.
===============================================

===============================================
ASAP (v06 -> v07):
 x made correction to show that PU can use TCP to carry ASAP messages
   as well. 
 x no more support for multiple transports for a PE. 
 x removed Data Channel Contact msg (no longer needed).
 x removed the Commu. Restrictions Param from name-resolution (no
   longer needed).
 x Added text on how to use transport type and transport usage
   fields at registration.
 x Added text on how to handle policy, transport usage overwrite by
   the ENRP server.
 x added the 'R' (rejection) flag to reg-response to allow more
   flexibility when accepting a reg with warning(s).
 x Due to the R flag, no longer need the optional Member Selection
   Policy Param in reg-response.
 x Added some text to explain the usefulness of ASAP keepalive.
 x Added text to clarify that the syntax part of the API section is
   for illustrative purposes only, and not meant to be enforced.
 x some editorial fixes and corrections (and a spelling check)
===============================================

===============================================
ENRP (v05 -> v06):
 x added clarification on when multiple Peer-name-table-reponse msgs
   are used and why.
 x added new procedures and rules in registration handling (4.3) to
   enforce the consistency of transport type and transport usage for
   existing pools, and how to use 'R' flag to support sending back
   "accepted but with a warning" response.
===============================================

Your comments will be appreciated.

regards,
-Qiaobing (on behalf of co-authors)
_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool