Subject: [Rserpool] Pool Handle Translation in draft-ietf-rserpool-enrp-06.txt

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:20:27 +0200

Hi all,

a comment on section 4.5 of the ENRP draft:
"In the response message, the ENRP server MUST list all the PEs currently 
registered in this pool, in a list of PE parameters."

It is not a good idea to list all PEs currently registered in the pool: The 
NAME_RESOLUTION_RESPONSE message as defined in 2.2.6 of the ASAP draft 
version 07 has no "More Data" flag or something like this. Since the length 
field is limited to 16 bits, the amount of PEs in a pool would be limited by 
the size of the resulting NAME_RESOLUTION_RESPONSE message.

What about replacing the sentence in section 4.5 by "In the response message, 
the ENRP server MUST list an appropriate subset of the PEs currently 
registered in this pool, in a list of PE parameters."

Best regards
- -- 
=======================================================================
 Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Essen,                            Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool