Subject: [Rserpool] Inconsistent variable and threshold naming

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:43:53 +0200

Hi all,

the variable and threshold naming in the ASAP draft, section 5.2 and ENRP 
draft, section 5.2 are inconsistent. While the ASAP draft uses all lowercase 
characters, the characters in the ENRP draft are all uppercase. Furthermore, 
the ASAP draft uses a "." for "state.cache.value" but otherwise "-" (e.g. 
"max-request-retransmit"). Why not naming everything consistently, e.g. all 
lowercase with "."?

The ENRP draft defines MAX-TIME-SERVER-HUNT as the *number* of attempts a 
sender will make. Why not naming it MAX-NUMBER-SERVER-HUNT?

Best regards
- -- 
=======================================================================
 Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Essen,                            Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool