Subject: [Rserpool] ASAP and ENRP drafts - suggested modifications

From: Goyal Anurag-A20942 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:56:32 +0530

I see the need for a server identifier  (Server_Id parameter could do the job) in the message ENDPOINT_KEEP_ALIVE(eka). This is required as the asap draft (version10, section 3.4 point KA2.4) says that, on receipt of this message, the PE should adopt the ENRP server as its home enrp server. The eka message currently has just one parameter namely 'Pool Handle Parameter', which does not carry any information about the ENRP server sending the message. Hence, it makes sense to send Server_Id as another parameter in eka.
 
Also keeping in mind that this behaviour can be taken advantage of in the takeover procedure, it should be required by the Enrp Server to assign itself as the Home ENRP server and announce this change through the use of section 3.6.1 (which is Announcing Addition or Update of PE).
 
Thanks,
Anurag

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:21:14 +0100

On Friday 17 December 2004 13:26, Goyal Anurag-A20942 wrote:
> I see the need for a server identifier  (Server_Id parameter could do the
> job) in the message ENDPOINT_KEEP_ALIVE(eka). This is required as the asap
> draft (version10, section 3.4 point KA2.4) says that, on receipt of this
> message, the PE should adopt the ENRP server as its home enrp server. The
> eka message currently has just one parameter namely 'Pool Handle
> Parameter', which does not carry any information about the ENRP server
> sending the message. Hence, it makes sense to send Server_Id as another
> parameter in eka.

Yes, this makes sense.

Furthermore, a Server_Id parameter should be added to the ASAP Server Announce 
to make it possible for a PE/PU to find out who the PR sending this announce 
is.

Best regards
-- 
=======================================================================
 Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Essen,                            Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================
_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool