Subject: [Rserpool] rserpool meeting notes

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:08:04 -0500

Hi Allison, Jon,

The following are notes from the Rserpool WG meeting in Vancouver:

Summary of Rserpool Meeting at IETF #64

Approximately 30 people attended this meeting.

The group initially discussed the Rserpool API draft and debated whether
this is the right set of APIs to help application developers.
Implementation experience is ongoing to determine this. There is an
available library that can be used by developers, and a url was provided
by the author.

The group then reviewed load balancing work.  No presentation was
available as documentation was not completed in time for the 
meeting cutoff date.  The Chairs noted that there was a meeting between
the A-Ds, the WG
Chairs and the authors of the SASP draft where it was decided that
this would be treated as an individual submission to the RFC editors
documenting an existing implementation, and will continue on a separate
track from work in Rserpool.  

There was a report on Reserpool implementations.  Multiple
implementations are available or in progress, and interoperability
testing has been done on ASAP.  Further interoperability testing is
planned for next year, including testing of ENRP interoperability.

There was a discussion on next steps for Rserpool. We had submitted 3
drafts to the IESG: the architecture, comparison and security threat
analysis. The General Area reviewer commented that the drafts were not
clear and were incomplete without the protocols documents. We explored
several options on how to handle this. It was decided that the documents
would be revised and improved, soliciting outside review of the updated
drafts to ensure readability.  In the meantime, work will continue
towards completing the protocol documents, which are stable but continue
to be updated with the results of implementation testing.

Cheers,

Lyndon

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool