Subject: [Rserpool] WG Last Call on the Rserpool MIB draft

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:24:08 -0400

Hi Folks,

There is one remaining draft on our list of WG drafts, which is the MIB
draft.  We would like to start WG Last Call on this draft and get this
ready for IESG review as a potential Exp RFC as a companion to the
others.

Please have a look at the current draft
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rserpool-mib-07.txt) and
provide comments back to the mailing list by Wednesday, October 29th.

Best regards,

L. Ong

_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:10:09 +0100

Ong, Lyndon skrev:
> ready for IESG review as a potential Exp RFC as a companion to the others.
> 
>  
> 
> provide comments back to the mailing list by Wednesday, October 29^th .
> 
>  

I have seen no reports that anyone has reviewed this document. If there
are no other than the authors that have an interest in this document I
think we should put a halt to the publication until there is a real
demand for the MIB. The reason is that I don't really want to spend, MIB
doctor review, AD, IESG and RFC-editor resources and cycles on a
document where there are no interest.

Regards

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
rserpool mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rserpool

---

From: Michael Tüxen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:24:19 +0100

Dear all,

I'm not an expert for MIBs...

The document looks OK to me except for one thing:

It looks like poolElementEntry does not provide support
for the Opaque transport parameter.

Best regards
Michael

---

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:50:34 +0100

Dear all,

this parameter is still missing. I will add it to the MIB.

Best regards
-- 
=======================================================================
 Dr. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Duisburg-Essen,                   Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.iem.uni-due.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:22:02 +0100

Okay,

We seem to have some customers for this document. Then I have nothing
against moving it forward.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:07:42 -0400

I'm hoping that all these folks expressing support will mean that we will have many hands to make any necessary corrections and changes to the MIB :o)

Lyndon

-----Original Message-----
From: Magnus Westerlund [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 3:22 AM
To: Magnus Westerlund
Cc: Ong, Lyndon; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Rserpool] WG Last Call on the Rserpool MIB draft

Okay,

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Randy Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:37:47 -0400

I am no mib expert.. but I will surely help where I can :-)

R
On Oct 31, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Ong, Lyndon wrote:

> I'm hoping that all these folks expressing support will mean that we  
> will have many hands to make any necessary corrections and changes  
> to the MIB :o)
>
> Lyndon
>