Subject: [Rserpool] FW: Document Action: 'Reliable Server Pooling MIB Module Definition' to Experimental RFC

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:15:27 -0400

Hi Folks,

Thanks to everyone that was involved in completing the MIB document, as
this has now been approved as an RFC.  Thanks especially to Thomas for
his work to address numerous comments from IESG and MIB review.

This completes the objectives for the Rserpool working group, so I
believe the plan is now to close up the WG for active work, although the
mailing list can be left open for discussion and questions (I note the
mailing list has been pretty quiet as well).

Thanks to everyone who has been part of the working group, it took us
quite a bit longer than we originally intended, but happily we did
complete it (thanks also to some very active pushing from our A-Ds!)
Thanks to Randy and Qiaobing for the original ideas for ASAP and ENRP,
Maureen for her co-chair work, Michael, Thomas and Peter for their help
editing the main documents, and everyone else who was involved in
documents, presentations and discussion.

Best regards,

Lyndon

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 9:05 AM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; RFC Editor; rserpool mailing list;
rserpool chair
Subject: Document Action: 'Reliable Server Pooling MIB Module
Definition' to Experimental RFC 

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Reliable Server Pooling MIB Module Definition '
   <draft-ietf-rserpool-mib-12.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Reliable Server Pooling Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rserpool-mib-12.txt

Technical Summary:

This document defines a SMIv2 compliant Management
Information Base (MIB) providing access to managed objects
in an implementation of the Reliable Server Pool architecture and
protocols. It is intended as an Experimental Track RFC.

Working Group Summary

This document has been reviewed by Rserpool protocol experts
within the WG and no controversy or difficulty was encountered with
obtaining consensus on this document.

Document Quality

There are no implementations of the MIB at this time, but
a number of researchers have implemented the protocols and
reviewed the MIB specification based on their work. 
MIB Directorate review was performed by Bert Wijnen. 

Personnel

Lyndon Ong, co-chair of the Rserpool WG, is shepherd for
this document.

Magnus Westerlund provided review as the responsible Area
Director.