Subject: [RSN] Call for Paper :: Special Issue on Ubiquitous Sensor Networks

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 09:44:30 -0500

Ubiquitous Computing and Communication Journal   

Call for Papers

Special Issue on Ubiquitous Sensor Networks
 A ubiquitous sensor network is a combination of sensor networks and
ubiquitous computing. It is a blend of theoretical and practical aspects
of sensing, networking, middleware, applications, and management. In the
future pervasive paradigm, ubiquitous sensor networks are envisioned not
only to initiate an enormous number of new applications but also to add
values to many existing applications in the areas of critical
infrastructure protection and security, health care, environmental
protection, industrial monitoring and control, food safety, and the
potential impact on the quality of all areas of life.  

   The purpose of this special issue is to promote the sharing of high
quality research addressing both the theoretical and practical aspects
of ubiquitous sensor networks. Your contribution to this special issue
would be highly appreciated. 

   Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are
not under review in any other conference or journal. The topics include
but are not limited to the followings areas of ubiquitous sensor
networks:

-         Architectures, Protocols and Algorithms 

Network architecture, Network topologies, Communication theory, Network
protocols, Routing metrics and protocols, etc.

-         Management and Control

Management models, Resource Provisioning, Location and Mobility
management, Resource management, Topology control, Distributed actuation
and control, Algorithms for self-management, etc.

-         Resource Allocation and Quality of Service

Resource Allocation and fairness, Real time resource scheduling,
capacity planning, QoS, Service level agreements, etc.

-         Performance Modeling 

Performance measurement, Comparison on capacity, coverage and
connectivity, Modeling techniques, Simulation and theoretical analysis,
Validation of ubiquitous sensor networks architectures, etc.

-        Security and Monitoring 

Security and privacy, Reliability, Encryption, Authentication, etc. 

-        Software and Applications 

Disaster relief, Service discovery, Medical support, Context-aware
applications, Living support, Smart home environments, etc.

-         Deployment and Implementation 

Models for deployment, Real life experiences, System implementations,
Test beds, End-user aspects, etc.

-         Data Allocation and  Information Processing 

Data processing, Data retrieval and dissemination, Query processing,
Databases, etc

IMPORTANT DATES: 

Manuscript Submission:                  May 20, 2007 

First Notification:                              July 23,2007 

Revised Final Submission:              September 10, 2007 

Publication Date:                                 October 2007

Guest Editor 

Shafique Ahmad Chaudhry, 

Internet Lab, Division of Information and Communication, 

532-Sanhak Hall, Ajou University , Wonchon-Dong, Yeongtong-Gu, 

Suwon , Republic of Korea 442-749. 

Phone:  +82-31-219-1891  Cell: +82-10-5821-0055 

Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  ,
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
RSN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rsn