Subject: [RSN] PWSN 2007 - submission deadline extended

From: "Rolland Vida" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:25:02 +0200

Please accept our apologies for multiple copies

=======================================================================
CALL FOR PAPERS
=======================================================================

PWSN 2007
2nd Int'l Workshop on Performance Control in Wireless Sensor Networks

held in conjunction with
WICON, the 3rd Annual International Wireless Internet Conference

October 23, 2007, Austin, Texas, USA

http://www.pwsn.org/

=======================================================================
IMPORTANT DATES
=======================================================================

Full Papers due (EXTENDED):     July 30, 2007
Notification of Acceptance:     August 31, 2007
Camera-ready Manuscripts due:   September 10, 2007

=======================================================================
SCOPE
=======================================================================

The aim of PWSN 2007 is to bring together professionals from academia and
industry to discuss performance issues in wireless sensor networks (WSNs).

WSNs are today the subject of intense research, with many prototype
installations being investigated. However, most of the currently deployed
sensor networks have in common the fact that they are not considered time
critical, i.e., no immediate action has to be undertaken as a response to
the received data. In contrast, many envisioned future application areas of
WSNs (such as plant automation and control, traffic management, medical
applications, emergency solutions) require immediate and guaranteed actions.
In such environments, data has to be transported reliably and in time
through the sensor network towards the end user. To make the networking task
more complex, in many applications the end user or the controlling
intelligence is located remotely (e.g., remote monitoring, supervision and
surveillance applications), and the WSN interworks with other networks
(e.g., fixed infrastructure cellular, Internet).

Due to the lack of appropriate models, components, and protocols it is
currently very difficult to construct and operate a wireless sensor network
with performance guarantees. Thus, the commercial success of WSNs in many
application areas is unsure unless this particular problem is understood and
solved.

Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Models:
     Traffic models, channel models, mathematical models to balance
     performance parameters in the network.
* MAC protocols:
     MAC protocols with deterministic behavior, MAC protocols to balance
     forwarding performance and energy consumption.
* Routing and topology control:
     Methods to stabilize network topology, topology robustness.
* Data transport:
     Control of data transport delay and reliability, methods to improve
data
     forwarding performance.
* Operating systems:
     Performance optimization and control of sensor network operating
systems.
* Middleware and frameworks:
     Middleware/frameworks providing performance guarantees for sensor
     network applications.
* Security:
     The impact of security features on network performance.

=======================================================================
PAPER SUBMISSION
=======================================================================

Papers will be submitted by electronic submission through the COCUS system.
The page limit is 8 pages in ACM double column format with fonts not smaller
than 10 points. The workshop papers will be included in the ACM Digital
Library, and take into consideration to be indexed by EI. Authors of
accepted papers are expected to register and present the paper at the
Workshop. Submitted papers can report on work in progress.

=======================================================================
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
=======================================================================

.	Nirupama Bulusu - Portland State University, USA
.	Levente Buttyan - Budapest University of Techn. and Econ., HU
.	Abdelmajid Khelil - Technical University of Darmstadt, DE
.	Hai Liu - University of Ottawa, CAN
.	Ren Ping Liu - CSIRO ICT Centre, AUS
.	Christos Panayiotou - University of Cyprus, CYP
.	Iain Phillips - Loughborough University, UK
.	Radha Poovendran - University of Washington, USA
.	Hartmut Ritter - Freie Universitaet Berlin, DE
.	Utz Roedig - Lancaster University, UK
.	Jens Schmitt - University of Kaiserslautern, DE
.	Cormac J. Sreenan - University College Cork, IR
.	John A. Stankovic - University of Virginia, USA
.	Rolland Vida - Budapest University of Techn. and Econ., HU
.	Attila Vidacs - Budapest University of Techn. and Econ., HU
.	Marco Zuniga - Xerox Research Center, USA

=======================================================================
For all further details, please visit: http://pwsn.org/ 
=======================================================================

_______________________________________________
RSN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rsn