Subject: [RSN] CFP REALWSN 2008

From: Adam Dunkels <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:01:09 +0100 (MET)

The REALWSN'08 Workshop on Real-World Wireless Sensor Networks
		    http://www.sics.se/realwsn08/

			    April 1, 2008
			  Glasgow, Scotland
		 In conjunction with ACM EuroSys 2008

The purpose of the third Workshop on Real-World Wireless Sensor Networks 
is to bring together researchers and practitioners working in the area 
of sensor networks, with focus on real-world experiments or deployments
of wireless sensor networks.

When working with real-world experiments or deployments, many new issues 
arise: the network environment may be composed of a variety of different 
technologies, leading to very heterogeneous network structures; software
development for large scale networks poses new types of problems; 
prototype networks may differ significantly from the deployed system; 
actual sensor network deployments may need a complex combination of 
autonomous and manual configuration. Furthermore, results obtained 
through simulation are typically not directly applicable to operational 
networks and it is therefore imperative for the community to produce 
results from experimental research.

Authors are invited to submit papers (5 pages, double column) for 
presentation at the workshop. Papers will be selected based on 
originality, technical merit and relevance.

All topics pertaining to real-world wireless sensor networks are of 
interest, including but not limited to:

     * Experiences with real-world deployments
     * Experimental validation/refutation of previous simulation results obtained by others
     * Real-world performance of self-organization and self-management
     * Debugging, testing, and management
     * Deployment and configuration
     * Applications in medicine, industry, science, environmental monitoring, etc.
     * Security and trust
     * Scalability in practice
     * Development and prototyping platforms
     * Operating systems, sensor network programming paradigms, and languages
     * Middleware for heterogeneous networks
     * Real-time and dependability issues
     * Hardware support for real-world sensor networks
     * Robustness at all levels: communication, software, hardware
     * Energy efficient protocols
     * Hardware and software methods for energy measurement and profiling

Important dates (tentative)

Electronic submissions due: 10 February, 2008
Notification of acceptance: 3 March, 2008
Camera-ready copy due: 13 March, 2008
Workshop: 1 April 2008

Organizers

Workshop Chair:

     * Thiemo Voigt, Swedish Institute of Computer Science

Technical program committee chairs:

     * Adam Dunkels, Swedish Institute of Computer Science
     * Pedro José Marron, University of Bonn, Germany

Technical program committee (under construction):

     * Muneeb Ali, TU Delft, The Netherlands
     * Torsten Braun, University of Bern, Switzerland
     * Nirupama Bulusu, Portland State University, USA
     * Cormac Sreenan, UC Cork, Ireland
     * Carlo Fischione, UC Berkeley, USA
     * Per Gunningberg, Uppsala University, Sweden
     * Gian Pietro Picco, University of Trento, Italy
     * Utz Rödig, University of Lancaster, UK
     * Christian Rohner, Uppsala University, Sweden
     * Kay Römer, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
-- 
Adam Dunkels <[email-masked]>
http://www.sics.se/~adam/

_______________________________________________
RSN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rsn