Subject: Clarification needed in RFC 2205

From: Karthikeyan Nathillvar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 00:03:20 -0500

hi,
   In section 3.1.3  following paragraph is given.
        "Periodically, the RSVP process at a node scans the path state
         to create new Path messages to forward towards the receiver(s).
         Each message contains a sender descriptor defining one sender,
         and carries the original sender's IP address as its IP source
         address.  Path messages eventually reach the applications on
         all receivers; however, they are not looped back to a receiver
         running in the same application process as the sender."

how is it possible for the intermediate nodes to send path messagesperiodically??.. 
i am totally confused by this statement.

Thanking you in advance,
Karthikeyan Nathillvar
PS: in prev. mail i pasted wrong paragraph.. sorry about that..

Address:
------
Karthikeyan Nathillvar,
Team Niehaus Graduate Research Assistant,
ITTC, University of Kansas,
245 E, Nichols Hall,
2291 Irving Hill Road,
Lawrence.
Kansas - 66044
e-Mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:40:57 -0700

>how is it possible for the intermediate nodes to send path 

I think you were thinking how it'd be possible for intermediate nodes to 
*create* path msgs...

End hosts send path msgs, which create path state at intermediate 
nodes.  end hosts also send periodic refresh msgs to keep those states.
instead of forwarding all path refresh msgs immediately, intermediate nodes 
create and send those refreshes periodically.

hope this helps.

Lixia