Subject: Hi

From: "Liu Xiaoyun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 16:00:04 +0800

Hello, everyone,

Could anyone tell me whether the length of the RSVP messages is defined 
or not. Please reply to [email-masked].
Thanks a lot.

Xiaoyun

---

From: David Charlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 13:01:41 -0400

Liu Xiaoyun wrote:
> 
> Hello, everyone,
> 
> Could anyone tell me whether the length of the RSVP messages is
> defined or not. Please reply to [email-masked].

Not really.

The lengh of an RSVP message is a function of the number and type of
objects that it contains.

Many object classes (like integrity and policy data) are optional. 
Others (like session) have multiple C-Types - any one of which may be
used in a given message.  Some objects (like session attributes) are of
variable size.  Some objects (like flowspecs) may appear multiple times
in some messages.

Lower limit sizes can be calculated based on the list of mandatory
objects and the minimum sizes of these objects.  You can also calculate
typical sizes based on what kinds of objects you are likely to send and
receive.  Upper limits can't really be determined.

-- David